14. pretty badass.

-

ACT ONE
(pretty badass)

GLENN ANXIOUSLY shook his head as Lori began walking towards him, when she got to the boy he immediately began apologizing. "I'm sorry. I'm—It just came out and it was Veroníca, and I—"

"It's okay. I never should have put you in that position. I've been thinking about what you said about needing help." Lori continued, pausing briefly. "You're right, I do."

"Name it. Yeah."

"If you're still willing to make a run into town for me..."

"I'm your man!" Glenn said a wide smile as Lori pulled him into a hug. As the woman whispered a thanks in his ear, he spoke up once more. "It's not a big deal, really."

"You can take whoever, Maggie, Veroníca.. Anyone.. Just—just please don't tell anyone else, i'm getting it figured out."

"Great! Yeah, yeah.. Okay." Glenn said, smiling as Lori began walking away from him.

As the woman was out of sight, Glenn contemplated for a moment before smiling widely.

He then glanced around camp, smiling impossibly wider as he spotted her. As he ran up to the girl he huffed a little before speaking. "Vee, you wanna go on a pharmacy run with me?"

At his sudden question, Veroníca furrowed her brows before replying. "What happened to hi, how are you."

"Sorry.." Glenn said timidly as he corrected himself. "Hi, how are you, Vee? Wanna go on a pharmacy run with me?" He asked, clearly excited.

At this, Veroníca smiled, nodding before holding one finger up. "Just let me say goodbye to Rory."

Glenn nodded, going to get two horses from the stables just as Veroníca headed to where she knew her son was.

-

Veroníca steadied herself on the horse for the seventh time, ignoring her friend's loud laughter until she was properly situated. "I don't know why you're laughing."

"You're like... like a badass—and you're uneasy on a horse?" Glenn's laughter continued, making Veroníca lightly glare.

"Rory has told me plenty of horse facts. Enough for me to know that we shouldn't be riding them."

"Yeah, yeah.. sure."

"Glenn, did you ride a horse before all of this?"

"Before this run?" He asked, cluelessly. At his question, Veroníca's face dropped making Glenn blush in embarrassment. "Oh—Before the.. you know.. Uh—Yeah! Only once, my dad took me riding for my eighth birthday."

Glenn smiled at the thought, frowning as he remembered the man who helped raise him. "Were you two close?" Veroníca asked making Glenn lightly shake his head.

"Not as close as I would like."

"Yeah, I get what you mean.."

"Were you and your parents close?" Glenn asked, turning to face Veroníca for a moment as he hopped off of his horse.

Glenn then went to help his nervous friend off the animal, as she replied. "Well—For a while.. Until I got pregnant.. Teen pregnancy is not the best family bonder."

At this Glenn gave her a small smile, removing his hands from her waist as her feet touched the ground.

The boy then took it upon his self to tie up both the horses as his friend glanced around the abandoned town.

As Glenn finished with the horses, Veroníca offered her hand towards him making him glance at it in confusion. "Your hand, Mi'lady."

"Uh—It'd actually be Sir Glen—"

"—Just.." Veroníca then grabbed her friend's hand pulling him into the store as he used one hand to dig into his backpack.

When the duo got fully inside, she dropped his hand before turning to him. "What's on the shopping list?"

"Uh—I can't say.."

"Is it for Lori?"

"Yeah.. Actually... Can you help me look?" He asked, handing her the paper when she nodded.

As she read it, she nodded to herself once more before handing the paper back. "I'll get it."

Veroníca then headed towards the back area, knowing it was where the store held all the medicine.

As she rounded the corner, she glanced around for a moment before picking up the bottle she needed. Once she did so, she walked back to the counter, placing her hands on it as she looked outwards at Glenn. "So, Glenn, how'd your last pharmacy run go?"

"Good. Nothing happened." He answered quickly, scratching his neck when he realized how suspicious he looked.

"Hmm.." Veroníca thought for a moment before pointing at her friend, excitedly. "Holy shit! You two fuc—"

"Please, don't use that word."

"Sorry.. You two made love!" Veroníca corrected, giggling to herself as she closed her eyes for a moment.

"That's actually worse."

"Well, what am I suppose to say—" Veroníca was cut off as something grabbed her arm, making the girl involuntary let out a yelp.

Veroníca immediately began reaching for her brother's machete, which he thankfully insisted she took, groaning when the walker pushed her onto the ground.

Veroníca continued fumbling around with the weapon, groaning as the undead creature began snapping at her.

At this point, Glenn had run to the counter, hopping over it just as Veroníca had got a hold of the machete. So, as the man went to swing for it, he was shocked when the walker fell over, its head sliced in half.

He was silent for a moment, staring as Veroníca in awe as she wiped the newly found blood off of her face in disgust.

The silence didn't last long seeing as Glenn launched the girl on the floor into a tight hug. "Vee, Vee. Are you okay? Did he bite you? Scratch you?"

"Glenn—Glenn, I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" He asked, pulling away from her as he continued sitting on the ground beside her.

"Yeah. I mean, I am badass, you said so yourself." Veroníca teased, making her friend roll his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just glad you're okay." He said, hopping up before offering her a hand.

As she took it and fully stood up, she grabbed the bottle off of the counter, shaking it in the air before speaking once more. "The item has been acquired."

"Nerd." Glenn mumbled, making his friend gasp dramatically.

Before she could think of retorting, the boy then turned around, heading out of the pharmacy area as he made his way to an aisle once more. "Should we get some conditioner?" He asked, making Veroníca nod silently as she wiped more blood off of her arms.

"Yeah, maybe some towels too."

-