6. jack of all trades.

-

ACT ONE
(jack of all trades)

AIDEN MISCHIEVOUSLY rubbed his hand together as he whispered to his sister. "You won't believe what I found out."

At his tone of voice, the woman immediately grabbed his elbow pulling them a bit further away from the group as she grinned. "Well?"

"So—"

Before the man could speak Shane's voice addressing the group made the gossiping sibling duo slowly walk closer to the group once more. "Y'all gotta follow the creekbed back, okay? Daryl, you're in charge. Me and Rick we're just gonna hang back search this area another hour."

"You're splitting us up?" Daryl spoke, making Veroníca's head tilt a bit seeing as the man didnt speak much. So whenever he did it was very interesting to the woman. "You sure?"

"We'll catch up to you."

"I want to stay too. I'm her friend." Carl spoke, making Rory add in that he wanted to stay as well.

The men looked at Rory and Carl in silence, until Aiden spoke as well. "If Rory's staying I have to stay too."

"Didn't know we were hosting a whole damn fieldtrip." Shane muttered, earning a glare from Aiden which made the men stare in anger.

Laughing a bit at Shane's comment, Veroníca lightly ruffled her son's hair before giving him a small hug. "Make sure to keep Tío Aiden in line, don't want him beating anyone up.. Especially with how they're looking at eachother." She joked, pointing at Shane and Aiden who stood in the same spots glaring at one another.

"Children." Rory added earning a light laugh from Veroníca as she kissed his forehead.

As the group then begin separating ways. Veroníca watched as her son widely waved his hand at her, whisper-shouting "Bye Ma!" before he and Carl followed Shane's footsteps.

Veroníca then watched the redneck hand Lori a gun, smiling as she watched her new friend place it into her back pocket. "Ready to go, Veroníca?" Lori asked, smiling at her friend aswell.

"Born ready." Veroníca spoke, latching arms with Lori as they followed behind the group.

-

"So this is it? This is the whole plan?" Carol questioned as the group took a small pause, listening to the older woman's question.

"I guess the plan is to whittle us down into smaller and smaller groups."

"They must've missed the whole Strength in numbers lesson in school." Veroníca added smiling a little as she sat down next to Lori's leg.

"Yeah—and only carrying knives and pointy sticks... I see you have a gun."

"Why you want it? Here, take it.. I'm sick of the looks you're giving me." Lori spoke with sternness as she handed Andrea the weapon.

While Andrea pretended to be shocked at Lori's reaction, Veroníca knew it was fake. Afterall the blonde had been jabbing at Lori the entire walk, she can't expect her to not notice.

A small silence went through the air before Lori spoke again, this time directed at Carol. "Honey, I can't imagine what you're going through and I would do anything to stop it, but you have got to stop blaming Rick. It is in your face everytime you look at him. When Sophia ran he didn't hesitate, did he? Not for a second! None of us would go after her the way he did.. Made the hard decisions that he had to make, or that anybody could have done it differently... Anybody?"

When nobody replied, Lori continued on her rant as she thankfully took the water bottle that Veroníca handed her. "If you think you can do this without him go ahead. Nobody is stopping you." She said, ending her rant as she sipped from the water bottle.

At the rant a silence set amongst the group.

Lori walked away while Veroníca walked beside her like a lost puppy. "Lori, what were you before all this?" She questioned, tilting her head a bit.

"A stay-at-home-mom." She smiled.

"Really? I was picturing a war lieutenant or a zookeeper, but I suppose that's just as badass."

"What about you?"

"I was—multitalented.. By that I mean I was a substitute most of the time but sometimes I painted."

"A jack of all trades."

"Yeah—practically the most skilled woman on earth." Veroníca spoke cockily, smiling as Lori laughed at her cockiness.

"I was a delivery guy." Glenn butted in, interrupting the pair causing the women to smile lightly.

"So the most unskilled man on earth?" Veroníca joked, earning a fake-angry face from Glenn as the other members lightly laughed.

"Now, now, Hotshot. Let's not get ahead of ourselves." Glenn cheekily responded, making the group laugh more as a light atmosphere filled the air.

-