5. eavesdropping.

-

ACT ONE
(eavesdropping)

VERONÍCA RUBBED her eyes, yawning as she listened to Rick speak. "Everybody takes a weapon."

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need. What about the guns?" Andrea questioned, causing Aiden to smile a bit.

As Veroníca quickly caught on to his smile, she was quick to whisper to him. "What?"

"She's hot."

"I mean.. You're not wrong." Veroníca agreed, smiling as well as the sibling duo looked at the blonde woman.

Their attention was soon pulled away as Shane spoke again. "We've been over that. Daryl, Rick and I are carrying. We can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles."

"It's not the trees i'm worried about."

"But annoying." Aiden whispered to his sister, once again talking about Andrea.

The words caused the woman to lightly chuckle, earning a sharp but short lived glare from Daryl.

The annoyance he carried in his eyes was enough to instantly shut the woman up as she placed her hands on her son's shoulder. Listening to Shane once more. "Say somebody fires at the wrong moment, A herd happens to be passing by. See, then it's game over for all of us. So you need to get over it."

"The idea is to take the creek up, about five miles, turn 'round and come back down to the other side. Chances are she'll be by the creek."

"Or dead." Aiden mumbled earning an elbow to the ribs by his sister.

At the pain in his side, the man smiled as he half-way listened to Rick giving advice. "Stay sharp. Keep space between you but always stay within the sight of each other."

"Everybody assemble your packs." Shane spoke, causing everyone to disperse.

Aiden was quick to unzip his sister's backpack, checking the pockets before sighing. "Where's your water?" At his words, the woman shrugged causing him to sigh again before someone else spoke.

"Here." Glenn said, handing the woman a water bottle while nodding. "It's an extra, anyway."

The woman nodded as a thanks before handing it to her brother, who immediately put it in her backpack.

After that, the duo watched as Rory ran off, immediately heading for Carl. Veroníca lightly smiled before heading towards Lori, who was kneeling, going through the canned foods.

As she kneeled beside her, she was quick to pick up a can of refried beans. "Have you ever tried Chilaquiles?" Veroníca questioned, glancing at Lori as she did so.

Lori didn't verbally reply, instead she nodding causing Veroníca to continue. "My mama use to make it, it's a breakfast dish. Oh, what I would give to be able to eat it again."

Lori nodded along as she spoke up. "Tell me about it, what I would give to even have some greasy fast food."

"Some Mcdonald's fries." T-Dog added, now coming to the side of the bonding-duo.