Chapter 2

The show was over and Me and Dani were about to head out to our tour bus. John stopped us before we left our locker room. He had his stuff all with him he knocked on the door. I opened it and there he stood, "Hey, Victory. Ready to head out?"

"Yeah, just give us a second."

"Us?" He muttered under his breath. He followed me inside and Dani was just looking up from her phone.

"Dani, this is the John Cena. John, this is Daniella, my best friend." Dani seemed shocked and I just snickered at the expression on her face. I never told her about John walking us out to our tour bus. I wanted it to be a surprise. It was worth it.

Dani talked calmly but anyone could tell she was about to explode, but I couldn't tell if it was with anger, or excitment, "Vic, you never told me anything. Care to explain?" 

"Nope, come on, let's go." I pulled Dani into the hallway and started walked towards the exit. The three of us started making small talk.

"How have you two known each other?" John asked.

"Ever since 6th grade, I think." 

"Yep, 6th grade."

"Where'd you come from?" 

"Tennessee." Me and Dani said at the same time. Then he asked a question I never thought he would.

"Do you two have boyfriends?" I felt Dani's hand squeeze my arm when he asked. I wanted Dani to go first this time, not me.

"Well, I do." Dani said. The spotlight was on me.

Why was I over thinking this. I didn't have a boyfriend, just say no. "No, I don't have a boyfriend." Why would he ask such a question? Was he interested in one of us? "Why'd you ask?"

He shrugged, "No reason." We finally reached the outdoors. A cold chill touched my  bare skin. Man ,was it cold in Michigan. Dani wrapped her arms around me to warm me up. She was cold too. John on the other hand seemed perfectly fine. He wasn't shivering, or gave the slightest indication that he was cold. I was kinda impressed. His exposed, rippling muscles, taking in the cold. He looked down at me and I blushed. Was I staring? Darnit!

We finally reached our tour bus and Dani immediaitly hopped on it, taking my bag with her. Leaving me and John outside. I know she did that on purpose. Dani looked out the window and gave me a smile, I glared back at her. I heard John clear his throat and I turned to face him. "Victory was it?" He asked. I nodded, "Well since we didn't have much time to talk, maybe we could grab some coffee in the morning and hang out." 

"Like a date?" I blurted it out loud. His eyes widened even at my own outburst. I still needed to know, I didn't want to just go after the first WWE Superstar that wanted to hang out with me.

"No, just friends hanging out. You just seem like a strong woman that I wanted to get to know." He stuffed his hands in his pockets. 

"Yeah, sure. How about 8?"

"Sure, I know this great coffee shop around town and since we don't have to leave until tomorrow, I think it would be a perfect idea."

I smiled. I don't know exactly why, but I had a right didn't I? "Here." I got out a piece of paper and pencil that I always kept in my pocket and wrote down my phone number, "Text me the address and meet me there in the morning." I handed him the piece of paper and he looked over it. 

"Sounds good." He picked up his bag, that I never noticed he set down, and started walking away, "See ya, Victory." I waved good-bye and walked into the bus. Dani sat on the couch waiting there patiently for me. She had a smile on her face that anybody could read.

"So?" She asked me.

I glared at her, "Nothing." I went to the back of the bus and put my stuff on the outside of the door.

"Oh, come on. You can't do nothing for 5 minutes." She demanded an answer. I respect her for not staring out the window the entire time, but I still wasn't giving her an answer.

"You could if you tried."

"I saw your mouths moving. Something happened I demand what it is." She did look out the window.

"It's nothing big."

"But it's something." She patted the area on the couch next to her. I wasn't getting out of this one without giving her what she wants.

"You really want to know what happened?" I said as I sat next to her. She nodded her head so hard I was afraid she was gonna break her neck. "We're getting coffee in the morning. That's it." She started bouncing on the couch in excitment.

"You have a date with a superstar." She said in a sing song tone over and over again.

"It's not a date, it's just hanging out between two friends. Nothing more, nothing less." My phone vibrated in my pocket and I fished it out. It was a text from an unknown number. I opened it up and found out it was John. It was just the address for the coffee shop in the morning. I tapped my reply, 'Thanks, see you there.' and sent it.

Dani stared at me the whole time. I know what her eyes said, "Nothing." I said. I wasn't getting into this again, "Can we watch some TV before you start talking again?"

She rolled her eyes and reached for the remote, "Fine." She turned the TV on. I threw my legs over hers and settled in. I should be getting to bed soon, I wouldn't want to miss coffee with John. Ugh, listen to me. I sound love sick. Well I'm not. We're just friends.