22 - Bang Chan

Comincia dall'inizio

Suddenly the little bit of color that was still in her face fades away. "Yeona? You look like you're about to pass out." I say worried, Felix's grip on the girl tightens at my words, clearly scared that she might go limp any second now. 

"Yeah... You might wanna catch me." She murmurs softly, her voice barely a whisper. 

Not a second after the words have left her mouth her body goes limp. Felix catches the girl, his eyes widening even more than they already were. The poor boy appears scared to death at the sight of a limp body in his arms. His panicked eyes meet mine and I quickly lift Yeona up and out of his arms. Her arms hang limply at her side and sway with each of my steps. The feeling of her whole body laying limply in my arms freaks me out, but I try not to show it for Felix's sake. 

Han had told me that Yeona was busy and had a though week, but if this is the result, then she must have been pushing herself way too far. This isn't healthy at all. It might even be a good thing that she passed out; her body is now getting the rest it so desperately needed. 

"Chan?" Felix voice interrupts my thoughts. The boy is walking a few steps behind me, his steps small and timid. His eyes remain on the girl in my arms. "She's going to be okay right?"

I nod at him, sending him a small smile to stop him from worrying too much. To be honest, I'm not sure about it at all, but I do expect her to be fine. I lay Yeona down on the couch, her feet on top of the armrest, elevating them a bit since I once read somewhere that it helps. "Felix, go grab a blanket." I say to the boy who is still looking at Yeona with fear in his eyes. As he scurries away, I lay my fingers in her neck, checking for a pulse before noticing her chest going up and down as she breathes. Knowing for sure that she is indeed only passed out causes a sigh of relieve. "Yeona." I say softly, tapping her shoulder a few times. "Yeona?" Still no response. Felix comes back with a blanket, handing it to me before taking a few steps back, his eyes locked on Yeona's figure once more. I lay the blanket over her, making sure everything is covered so she won't get cold while she's passed out. My eyes find their way to Felix, who is moving from one foot to the next, fiddling with his fingers and unable to stay still. "She'll be fine Felix. Don't worry." We both just remain standing for a few minutes while watching over her. There is no use in both of us waiting for her to wake up so I try to find a reason for Felix to leave, knowing the boy's mind must be racing right now. "Why don't you grab a glass of water for her when she wakes up. Oh, and could you send Han a text about what happened?"

The boy nods, taking his phone out of his pocket as he walks towards the kitchen, glancing back at Yeona a couple times before disappearing from my view. "Cold water from the fridge? Or just tap-water?" Felix shouts from the kitchen. 

"Just tap-water is fine." A small movement catches my attention, Yeona's arms twitched slightly. Focussing on her movements I realise her breathing is not as slow as it was before, showing me that's she's waking up slowly. Her eyes slowly open, blinking a few times before they stay open. I notice how she moves her hand backwards to push herself up, so I quickly lay my hand on her shoulder. "Stay down. You should have some rest."

"Chan?" Yeona says confused before looking around. "When did I-" Her eyebrows are creased with confusion and it makes me realise how far gone she actually was. Does she really not remember anything? "What happened?" The girl asks, proving my thoughts to be correct. 

"You don't remember coming here?" I ask her while crouching down beside her so that I'm at her height instead of towering over her. Yeona shakes her head. "And you also don't remember passing out?"

"I passed out?!" Her eyes widen in shock. "Shit, sorry. I didn't-"

"Yeona! Your awake!" Felix interrupts her, hurrying back from the kitchen with a glass of water. "You scared me! Why did you pass out?" 

I quickly send Felix a glare to shut him up. The boy quickly presses his lips closed and hands Yeona the glass. She carefully sits upright, taking a few small sips. 

"I didn't mean to worry you guys, I'm fine. Haven't slept much, that's all." She says, dismissing our worried looks.

I send her look that shows her I don't believe her, but she acts as if she doesn't see it. "Yeona." I say softly. She hums, showing me that she's listening. "How many hours of sleep did you have?" The front door unlocks and Han rushes into the room. I don't know what Felix told him in the text he sent him, but it clearly worried the boy. 

"Six."

"Not much, but that's a decent night of sleep." Felix says a bit of confusion in his voice. Agreeing with the boy I look at Yeona sceptically. Sleeping six hours isn't much but it's enough. She should not be passing out from exhaustion after six hours of sleep.

"Six hours in the last four days." Yeona whispers.

"What!" Han says while sitting down next to Yeona. "When were you planning on sleeping again?!"

Yeona lowers her head, clearly realising how we're all a bit disappointed with her. No matter how important school is, her own health should always come first. "I scheduled a-week-long-nap starting next Tuesday, after my last test." The girl says sending us all a small smile. 

"Well, you at least got your humour back." I say, rolling my eyes at the girl in front of me. Can't she take something like this serious? "You really need some rest. Lay down and get some sleep, okay?" Yeona nods at me, placing the glass of water on the table in front of the couch. I grab Felix's wrist to drag the boy away from the living room to give Yeona some space. I'll just let Felix listen to the song I made; it will take his mind away from Yeona.

Just before I close the door of my room, I hear Yeona say to Han: "Quit looking at me! I can't sleep if your staring!" I chuckle at the two of them, glad that the girl is feeling somewhat like herself again and that she's getting some rest.