Reviving the Star-Crossed

"I was imprisoned, and no-one freed me.

I cried for help, and no-one freed me.

Eventually, I shook off my chains and I returned.

They said, 'Why do you no longer love us?'

I said, 'I realized that you have always been my chains."

Jeff Mach,

[About ten hours ago]

"Itsss done, hatchling—" Manasha hissed in glee, flickering her tongue as Harry finally bowed, opening his eyes, ending the prayer or ritual he was doing, and unclasped his hands from the praying gesture. He gasped, seeing the water surrounding the blood-red stone had turned into a brilliant shade of golden.

"Are you ssssure?" Harry asked with uncertainty, making Manasha smack her tail on his head.

"Oucwwch!" Harry whined, at which Manasha glared at him with a nasty glare...

"You dare to doubt my knowledge, little one?" she hissed in an offended tone, and Harry raised his hands in peace..

"No, no, I won't dare! You are alwaysss right, your highnesss."

"Yesss I am-" Manasha preened her scaly hood, and Harry rolled his eyes at her, but then it hit him...

'It worked...'

'I made it...'

'I got the elixir...'

'Oh, Merlin, fuck-'

'Now I can save him, right?'

Harry gulped, his emotions going haywire, and as if sensing his nerves, Manasha slithered up his hand, and Harry unconsciously cuddled her to his chest.

"I—can do it?" Harry asked rather reluctantly, making Manasha flicker her tongue over his cheek in a comforting gesture.

"Yesss, my sweety, the elixir is perfect, and today is the Amavasssya, the day of the no moon, the day when the connection between the realm of the sssouls, the dead, and the living isss strongest—" Manasha replied, and Harry hummed as he carefully levitated the philosopher stone from the golden liquid and carefully placed it back into the pouch that the goblins had given him...

'Fuck—can I really do it? I don't have any training; hell, all I know is some theory... Is it really possible? There must be a catch...it just- it just seems really easy...'

"Don't I need to ssstudy necromancy, though?" Harry asked for the nth time, and Manasha just sigh-hissed as she softly bumped her head on his cheek.

"Hatching, hatchling, my sssweet innocent imbecile hatchling—"

"Hey!-"

"How many timesss I have to hiss you that he isss not dead... He wasss not turned by a necromancer, so his soul is sstill awake, though caged yet alive in his turned body. You will not need to call for the life-"

Harry again opened his mouth, but Manasha cut him off, saying, "And asss I have told you many times, magic is nothing but directing your power with your intent. Ssstupid ssspells don't matter."

'Right- spells are for fools—got that! yep! Ugh!'

He sighed, closing his eyes. "But if—" he started, but Manasha smacked her tail on his head again and Harry yelped.