Dahlia with Jasmine

"Then he kissed her. At his lips' touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete."

F. Scott Fitzgerald ,

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Harry finally broke the ice and gave a vague summary of the letter to the others, leaving out some details like his mum's sexuality or the contract marriage between his dad and mum. It seemed way too personal to share...

He then raised a single eyebrow at Draco, who was staring at the parchment intently as if he was trying hard to figure something out and was miserably failing in doing so...

"Anything wrong, Draco?" Harry asked, and Draco shook his head in response but continued to frown at the parchment in Harry's hand. Then Draco momentarily opened his mouth and then closed it before opening it again...

"Nothing, just—" Draco bit his lip, stopping in mid-sentence just as Luna touched Harry's arm, gaining his attention for herself...

Emerald eyes met ocean blue, and they both just stayed like that for a few moments, having a silent conversation of their own. Then Harry turned back to look at Draco...

"You can read this?" Harry asked but it seemed like a statement more than a query, and Draco hesitantly nodded in response, making Theo and Blaise blink at him in confusion...

"I can, but it seems like a coded message written between a lot of 'S'," Draco answered and frowned. He didn't know why, but he was feeling an urge to just... just, er, dunno, fly?

"Oh, for me, it seems to be in normal English." Harry frowned and turned again to Luna, who just hummed for a few moments before she smiled...

"His wrackspurts have just been cleaned, whereas yours have never overshadowed your tongue, dearest mine," Luna stated, and Harry gaped...

"Don't tell me-"

"Yes, he will—" Luna grinned, and Manasha hiss-laughed, flicking her tongue over the blond's cheek, to which Draco bit his tongue to refrain from yelping...

'The snake is scary! ... Okay? - It can kill meh - just in a single strike, Salazar—'

"That's —" Harry couldn't say anything and just grinned, looking at the girl, whose eyes were shining with amusement...

"Errr... Potter?" Draco interrupted the odd exchange as he rubbed his cheek warily, eyeing the snake whose emerald slits were literally drilling holes in his face...

'Salazar, this is scary. It had already killed me once in the previous timeline; I am not going to take a chance in this one. No, I am not—'

"Nothing~" Harry grinned, his eyes shining with mischief, clearly defying his statement...

"My, Queen—" A goblin coughed, interrupting the exchange, causing Draco to almost snarl when Harry turned to nod at the creature. Draco bit his cheek, refraining from the insane urges...

'Salazar, what the bloody hell is happening?'

"Yes?"

"My Queen, I have summoned all the Lordship and Heirship rings, so if you will—"

"That would be great, sir," said Harry, smiling, respectfully looking at the huge pile of boxes levitating behind him, whereas all the goblins were still judging the teen wizard with interest...

Not many wizards care about their likes; only some Purebloods who have read the history behind the goblin wars treat them as living beings with the status of employees, whereas most of the others treat them as specks of dirt or servants. And there he was, this teenager who has the title of their queen and just needs to order them, and their swords will be out for him to command, treating them respectfully, treating them as equals. The goblins don't really care about the greetings; they never did; they only cared about the respect they rightfully deserved for their skills and their tasks...