together

"i love you."

"...i'm sorry."

-

4 years, 2 months, and 17 days since Kim Taehyung got rejected by his then boyfriend.

they had been together for 1 year at that time. Taehyung thought Jungkook had felt the same way. but when he didn't get those 3 words back, he felt like shit.

the two didn't speak after that, not even officially breaking up. they just went their separate ways naturally.

now at 20 years old, with jobs and out of highschool, no contact whatsoever.

Taehyung stopped talking to all his highschool friends- well, more like they stopped talking to him. but he was okay with that. he liked the peacefulness his own presence gave him.

and his dog.

Jungkook kept in contact with all his friends, still going out with them daily to have some fun.

He worked at a company that was doing brilliant, he made excellent money, his future was basically set for him.

He lived in a nice house with his two cats, who he loved like his own babies.

-

Taehyung painted with an emotionless face, he painted all genres of art. but he loved painting sceneries.

His shop has a large window in the front, he usually painted there. painting the people who walked by or the snow on the ground.

people could stand there and watch him, or they could give him a small glance as they walked to their job, or maybe to get a cup of coffee.

he liked- no, loved, people watching. he loved looking at the different styles of clothes he saw and how people styled it.

His shop didn't really get too many customers. or when people do go inside it's usually just to look around.

it's okay though, he made enough to get by. his shop was his grandmas, who payed everything off already since it was her property, so it was mostly bills and insurance and stuff like that.

he didn't own a car, he would rather walk. everything was within walking distance anyways.

he hummed a tune as his dog Yeontan slept at his feet peacefully. today was a rather chilly day, which was to be expected since it's January.

his eyes flickered from his canvas to outside the window, having to push back his golden brown hair from his eyes ever so often, it was time for a trim.

after a couple hours he decided to stop, it was time for Yeontans walk, and time for him to get some fresh air.

he put on his long brown coat and some tennis shoes, he then put on his dogs favorite sweater and leash.

He sighed as he closed the door behind him, locking it.

He smiled down at Yeontan who smiled back at him.

then they started on their favorite walk.

-

"Jungkook! hey buddy!"

The said male heard from his phone. he was currently on a call with his best friend, Namjoon. whom he's been friends with since 8th grade.

"Hey joon."

"Me and Jimin were going to go back to our hometown this weekend, wanna come?"

Jungkook pondered as he laid on his bed, petting his cat Moshi who laid next to him.