Day 2 - Cold Shoulder

Six days left

Killua POV:

I'm going over to Gon's house to help him pack. I managed to find some grimy old boxes in the garage that we can use, and I think he has some too.

Gon meets me halfway.

"Hi," i say.

He just hugs me.

When we get inside, Mito-san tries to approach me.

"Hi Killua."

She tries to pat my shoulder.

I jerk away. I don't want her to touch me. I'll never forgive her for this.

Then again, maybe that doesn't matter, it's not like I'll ever see her again.

I grab Gon's wrist and pull him away. We head upstairs.

We pack away Gon's books, decorations, and various other things. We pack some clothes, except for the ones he'll wear the next days. We basically pack everything he doesn't need right now.

He tells me that since he's moved around so much, he knows how to let go of things and pack light. He doesn't have a lot of stuff.

"It's easier this way," he says.

The rest of the stuff that we don't pack will go in a couple of bins, or if it's important Gon will pack it in his backpack to keep close to him.

When we finish sealing up the last box, Gon collapses into my arms. I just hold him in silence, soothingly stroking his hair.

It's late afternoon now.

"Gon?"

"Yes?"

"Let's go to the treehouse tomorrow morning ok?"

"Ok Killua."