Easy on Me

Niyah bounced around happiness spreading in her chest as she looked around. The decorations all Marvel themed. Some of her friends from the daycare mingling about in the ball pit. She was ecstatic to see all the costumes. Even though she felt hers was still the best. Her photoshoot photos apart of the decor.

Staring at the poster she felt herself being picked up

Staring at the poster she felt herself being picked up. Her giggle ringing free as Dean put her on his shoulders. It was comical to see the big man painted green. He thought he had been dressed just fine in his tattered clothes but Niyah deemed he wasn't hulk enough. She sent him home to be painted green.

"Come on Niyah Boo, your daddy's looking for you." He rhymed, walking her through the party.

She smiled spotting her parents standing by the cake. Her fathers Iron Man suit that he had on wasn't the real deal. It was very well made cosplay grade. Her mother just happened to be a very pregnant Ms.Marvel. Her black leotard costume stretched over her growing bump. After stressing so long to find a character to be Derrick saved the day. According to comic books Ms. Marvel was pregnant and had a child in her story, so it all worked out

She underestimated how much ripping and running she had been doing since 2 this afternoon. It was pushing 7 and she was more eager to go to sleep then to get under Iron Man's suit. One look at his wife and Derrick knew to cut the cake. That 9PM cut offs future was mighty bright. Tired extra- testosterone pregnant Melinda was a literal demon spawn.

"Let's get this going." Mel sighed, spotting her child riding on Dean's shoulders.

At the count of three everyone breaking out in Stevie Wonder's Happy Birthday. Niyah beaming as everyone sung to her. She usually didn't do big crowds like this, but it being her birthday was overshadowing her anxiety. It was site to rear it's head when her sugar high crashed. Mel was counting on it because that meant it was shut shit down time.

Passing on a peice of cake, Melinda went to find herself a sear. Half sleep sitting off in a corner. Jo knew to steer her sisters clear of that area. Knowing Brenda's bitch ass would bother her for no reason. Melinda didn't notice when her table became occupied with Deans Kittens. All dressed in their characters. She hadn't expected Tiara to be Storm, but she looked cute nonetheless. Iris was Black Widow, Alicia was Mirage, Deja channeling her Scarlet Witch, and Courtney channeling her MJ. Lira had surprised her being Gamora. She was almost sure it was just so Dean wasn't green alone. This budding intimate relationship was dining into the cute category.

Lira had been in the best of moods. Bouncing around on cloud nine. It was actually heartwarming to see her. Embracing the otherwise deemed impossible. Not an easy thing to do but it was the best thing. Feeling herself nodding off a little too hard, Melinda sat up in her seat. Lira dancing over as Woman X Doja Cat started to play.

"Come dance with me Chicka." Lira called, grabbing one of Mel's hands. Frowning st the head shake she received.

"Awww why not?"