If You Let Me

Unedited

Derrick strolled into his home on cloud nine. There was nothing like hearing good news on the new head quarters. Which was coming along ahead of schedule. He had to admit he wasn't at all happy about the move but as the prospect of expansion drew nearer he was getting more excited. To think of the business he could gain from this was really flashing dollar signs. Heading into the kitchen he was suprised nit to see his wife.

Usually when she was home earlier then he was she chose to throw down in the kitchen. Seemed like it wasn't one if those nights. Not that he truly minded. He was craving his favorite restaurant so it was a blessing in disguise. Heading upstairs in search of his family. He found them in bed. Niyah watching one of her shows on the flat-screen. Spotting her dad excitement burst free.

"Daddy!"

"Hi princess." He chirped, catching her as she jumped off the bed. Full trust that he would catch her. Her giggles singing free as he peppered kisses over her face. Walking closer to the bed he lightly tossed her onto it. Curious as to why his wife hadn't hadn't looked at him.

"Hello Mellie..." He voiced, leaning down to give her a kiss. Not expecting her hand to come up and aggressively push his face away.

"Get your ass off me." She hissed, his eyebrows near jumping off his face at the venom in it.

"Woah....Mel." He frowned, leaning over her still. His glare heavy on the side of her face. The longer she ignored her out burst and his presence the more his own irritation started seeping in.

"Melinda, what's wrong with you? Huh? You going to talk to me?" He pressed, still getting her icy cold shoulder. Pulling back he nodded. He'd deal with her ass in just a minute. Taking off his suit jacket, he emptied his pockets dropping his wallet and phone on the end table. He froze noticing the sheet on the table attached to a set of pictures. Jacket forgotten he tossed it randomly snatching up the papers.

"Oh shit....FUCK YEAH!" He erupted, staring at the ultrasound photos. Saniyah eyed her father in alarm. Not used to such outbursts from him.

"That's what I'm mother fucking talking about!!!" He continued, pissing Melinda off further.

"Awwwww babyyyyy, you mad? Huh? You mad?" He teased, poking her side. She slapped his hand away hard enough for it to sting. He played it off as if his hand hadn't just melted. She was more than mad.

"Mel, baby it's not the end of the world."

"Says who?! This damn summer body wasted! Never looked this good in my life but noooooo I can't have shit." She spazzed, he fought the laugh wanting to eruot from him.

"Bad wordsssssss!" Niyah snapped, eyeing both her parents. The urge to flick her forehead strong in Melinda. Huffing she sat on the bed annoyance at everything clear.

"How about you and your child...."

"Which one?" He interrupted, her eyes flaming in response.

"You know whatttttttt....." Mel hissed, shoving him away. Storming into the bathroom a fierce slam echoing.

"Okay okay, let go get some food NyNy. I think mommy's gonna need a minute." Derrick chuckled, holding his arms out for his child.

Who happily went with him. Choosing to go out and grab something he let his eager daughter choose their ride. A custom carseat in near all of his vehicles. Much like he mother she lived the way the engine roared as it sped along. He was far too protective of her well being to do anything but Rev the engine for her. Her happy cheers always warming his heart. He couldn't wait for the new addition to the family. He knew despite Melinda's current pissy party she was happy as well. After all birthing children was something she never thought she she could do. He just had to wait until the steam blew over. No problem right? Wrong her storm cloud showed no signs of dissipating any time soon.