Chapter 19

Y/n's POV
At the date with Puppet

Apparently, Puppet gets a little too confident on dates. Not even 10 minutes into it, he was already trying to grab my ass, grab my hip, and sneak kisses on the cheek. Of course, I laughed it off and tried to avoid it, but obviously he never got the hint and kept on and on and on.

It was the 6th grab of the ass until I was tired. "Can you please not grab my ass? You're going a little too fast, love." I forced the nickname "love" in between my teeth. Clockwork owes me big time for this, I'm slowly dying inside as we speak. I could see Puppet's cheeks turn a different color when he heard me call him "love" and finally stopped being weird.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n, you're just so beautiful and since the first day I've met you I always wanted to do this with you. This is quite literally a dream come true." Puppet smiled, trying to force eye contact. It's our first date and he's already treating it like it's a fairy tell. Great. Just great.

I nodded and looked away, trying to search for any excuse to get out of here. I just want to go back and tell Clockwork everything, and be safe from this ass grabbing killer ghost. Puppet looked up at the sky, it was already dark. The stars were shining bright and it was a new moon, he looked back at me with the same warm smile he gave me earlier.

"Heh, I kind of forgot that the living needs sleep. Are you tired yet, Y/n?" I looked up at him like he just read my mind. Finally, an excuse. "Uh- Yeah, yes I am. I'm really tired right now. Thank you so much for this date, I really enjoyed it."

I smiled at him before I walked off, no I didn't give him any time to add. I don't want him to try and lengthen this... thing he calls a date. It was more like hell if you ask me. I could hear him walking behind me and grabbed my wrist, I turned around to look at him and he let go.

"No, no lady should walk back to her home alone in the dark. Let me walk you to your room, please." He let his hand out for me to grab, without thinking I declined it - realized what I've done - and looked for an excuse immediately.

"What? No! It's just that I want to walk alone, I prefer to walk alone in the dark because... it- it helps me pay more attention to the stars and the moon. The moon is very pretty tonight, isn't it? It's so pretty I want to inspect it all by myself, I'm sorry." Yes, I received a weird stare from Puppet when he heard my so not believable story, luckily he isn't the type of guy to look too into it.

"Oh, well, alright then. Have a nice night, Y/n!" And just like that, we parted ways. Finally I'm away from him, I wonder how it's like for Clockwork and Toby right now.

Clockwork's POV
10 minutes ago

Y/n gave me one job, to make the moves on Toby while she's out with Puppet. Judging from Toby and I's past, I would've thought that it would be easy for me to fake a smile, fake some attraction, and get Toby to think he has a chance all over again, right? Wrong, when it comes to Toby, he makes things 100 times harder than it has to be.

Toby was in the living room drinking a beer and watching Ben play video games. I sat right next to Toby and got a little close, to the point where our arms were touching. When he noticed this, he looked at me to my arm in confusion, and I tried to fake a smile. To my surprise, it worked, and Toby smiled back.

"So, I heard about you and Y/n broke up. I'm sorry to hear that." I shrugged and looked at the TV, trying to quickly figure out how to pretend to sulk and cope. "Yeah, it was pretty rough. I hate that it had to end like that, though. Exactly how I hate how we ended." I looked up at him when I said the last part to see if it phased him at all, but apparently it went from one ear and out the other because he was more focused on Ben's game than me. Which is usually a first. Not a good sign.

"How have things been for you? Did you find anyone else that you're interested in yet? I noticed Jeff and Nina got back together." I added, trying to clear the silence. Toby finally broke his attention from the TV and back to me, which is how it's supposed to be. Not really but in this case yeah.

"Not really, I have been taking a break from dating since we broke up. I haven't been attracted to anyone else since I met you, Clockwork." He took a sip from his beer and looked back at the TV. Maybe this is the wrong time to try and flirt with Toby right now. "Oh, I hope you find someone soon. I might take a break from relationships, too, while we're at it. With someone new, I mean."

Toby looked at me when I said that, sipping his beer again. "What do you mean by that?" "I'm not interested in dating anyone new right now, but I'd be down if someone who I've dated in the past wants to redo. Being single is lonely, but I'd rather be lonely than be with someone that Im not that close with. For example, I'm close with you, but like in some parallel universe if you and Jeff asked me out at the same time I'd choose you." Finally, this one got to him. He smiled brightly when I said that, sometimes its hard to know if Toby is smiling or not because of the gash on his cheek.

"Is this your attempt to flirt, Clockwork?" "Maybe, is it working?" He chuckled and looked back at the TV, sipping his beer once again. "You're lucky you're cute, that's all I'm going to say."

Toby sneakily slid his hand on my thigh, which suddenly reminded me of those times when we were together and when he brainwashed me. I hate thinking about those horrible times, but being around Toby is a daily reminder of them.

Without thinking, I scooted away out of arms reach. Toby gave me a glare. "What's wrong?" That's when it hit me of what I just done, the stupid ass thing I just did. "N-Nothing! I'm about to get something to drink. Bye!" Just like that, I quickly got on my feet and nearly ran to the kitchen pretending to get some water. In reality, I'm not even close to thirsty.

I taught myself this breathing exercise when I'm in a panic; I breathe in for 5 seconds, hold for another five seconds, and breathe out, and then repeat. I kept doing that until my breathing was normal and my heart stopped beating faster than it's supposed to. When is Y/n going to be back?

When Y/n got back to the mansion
Y/n's POV

I finally walked inside the mansion, Jeff and Nina were sitting across from Toby and Ben. When they heard me, all eyes were on me. "Damn, Y/n, when did you get so hot?" Ben said, earning a pillow being thrown at him by Nina. "You don't say things like that!" She said with her lips, apparently Ben couldn't read lips so he gave her a weird look.

"Uh, hi?" Was all I managed to say before I went searching for Clockwork. After 5 minutes, I found her in her room sobbing. I quickly sat next to her and grabbed her cheeks so she'll look at me, her eyes were puffy so obviously she has been crying for awhile.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Clockwork sniffled before she spoke. "I don't wanna be here anymore. Fuck Puppet and Toby! Why can't we just run away and never come back!"

I had to think about that before I answered. We actually could run away if we wanted to. If we sneak into Boss's office, grab our files, destroy them, cut off the part on our skin that shows Boss's symbol, then there would be no way that they could track us or find us. Plus, we can legally change our names.

"Actually, if you really want to do it, we can. It will be really risky though." Clockwork calmed down and little bit and wiped a tear off her cheek. "Alright, what's the plan?"

1486 words