Chapter 15

The next morning
Y/n's POV

Clockwork had already left to finish her kills, and when she's gone it's honestly the most boring time of my life. In all honestly, the only thing that I can do here is talk to Clockwork, do a mission, have a walk around the forest, draw, talk to other creepypastas or proxies that don't even want to talk to me, or sleep your life away. The worst one is, you will never guess, drama.

I was in the kitchen sipping on some coffee and reading an old ass magazine I found in the basement 3 weeks ago. After this, I was planning on going to the forest to collect some flowers and give to Clockwork after she's done with her kills. I thought it would be a nice little surprise for her.

Suddenly, Toby out of all people decided to be in the kitchen with me, too. When I saw him, I immediately got my stuff together about to leave, but for some reason Toby wanted me to stay.

"What do you want, Tobias?" I scowled, trying to get through. Obviously, it wasn't working. He's way too strong and tall for me to even compare.

"I think we need to talk, Y/n. I know you have a problem with Clockwork and I talking again but I realized I haven't touched base with you either. And I think it's time if I do that now,"
His voice was calm and steady, and honestly anyone would fall for that trick in a heartbeat if they didn't know what type of person he is.

I sighed and looked away, I knew if I decided to be a bitch it's going to trace back to Clockwork and I am not up to hearing her mouth about this, "Fine, just make it quick I guess,"

"I understand Clockwork is your girl, 100%, and I am not up to taking her away from you. She is yours, all yours, and you guys are perfect for each other." He started, he seemed a little too serious for him to mean it. Or maybe it's just because I dislike him, probably both.

"I also want you to know that I am utterly sorry for all the harmful shit I have done to both of you. It was very wrong, and I know nothing will make up for my actions or erase the harmful effects they have done. All I'm asking for is a chance, just one more chance. I promise if I blow it you guys can never talk to me again, but please just give me a chance," he added, he seemed so desperate and for some reason I actually started to pity him for once.

When I looked back up at him, his eyes seemed like they were pleading for forgiveness. Like all of this has been eating him up on the inside, how he wishes there is something that he can do to fix it. Or maybe he is that good at this, or maybe I'm thinking way too deep into this.

"You know what, fine. Everyone deserves at least two chances, and it seems like you're really willing to make it work. I should know, Clockwork keeps talking about it," I smiled, reassuring him everything is alright. I hope he knows that doesn't mean we are 100% cool though. I'm really only doing this for Clockwork.

I sigh of relief escaped his lips, and he beamed right back at me, "Thank you so much, Y/n, really. But I should get going, I promised Ben that I'd play video games with him later, bye." He gave me one final wave before he walked out the kitchen with a big smile on his face.

Maybe he's actually sorry, maybe Clockwork was right all along. Maybe I was the asshole the entire time, maybe I was an asshole to a guy who is desperately trying to make things right. Now my day just got 100% worse, because now I realized I might actually be an asshole to everyone around me, and maybe everyone thinks im an asshole, too.