Chapter 17

Puppet's POV

"Hey, Toby, can I talk to you?" Toby paused the game and jerked his head facing me, Ben did the same, instead he was confused. "Uh, sure, you don't mind right, Ben?" Toby asked, setting the control on the table and standing up. "I guess not, just make it quick."

Toby and I went to the hallway, I was leaning my back against the wall and he stood in front of me. "So? Did you think about what I said?' Toby asked, already having an idea of what I'm going to say. Either anyone can read me like a book or he knows me too well. I wouldn't know, he does that to everyone.

"Actually, I did. I hate to say it, but you're right. It's a good idea, only because I'm tired of seeing them flaunting their relationship to everyone all the time." I couldn't even make eye contact when him when I said that, I feel so guilty right now. I know this is a horrible idea but at this point I'm desperate.

"That's what I was waiting to hear. We can talk about this more tomorrow, in the meantime make some ideas of what we can do. Meet up with me when you're done with your kills." And just like that, he walked back to the living room like nothing happened. How can he be so calm about this? How can he not feel at least a little bit guilty?

I guess when you get to a certain point of loneliness and desperation you do things you would normally not do. I'm human, or was, but even if I'm dead now I still have human emotions like everyone else. Just because I physically died doesn't mean my soul did, too, I guess.

Whatever, I'm stressed, maybe I should take a walk around the forest for a little bit. That's usually the only thing that calms me down, plus the only thing I can even do around here anyway. I can't even sleep since I'm dead, so when everyone is off to dreamland I just walk around the forest, maybe mess with some outsiders for fun while I'm at it.

Y/n's POV
The mission with Clockwork

The mission with Clockwork didn't really go as expected. She wasn't as excited anymore and seemed distant. I don't remember doing anything to her, so her acting this way is quite strange. While we were walking back to the mansion, I couldn't take it anymore.

"I can't take it anymore, what's wrong?" I yelled, I could tell I scared her because she flinched really bad and gave me the stink eye. "Nothing, I'm fine, why?" "You've just been acting strange this entire mission, you were excited all day today but then since when the mission started you didn't seem so excited anymore. So what's up?"

Clockwork sighed and looked at the ground in front of her, there was a tiny yellow flower in front of her, I thought it was cute but I shouldn't be focused on that right now. "I just don't feel comfortable with you around Puppet, that's all." "And why is that? He hasn't done anything that I don't know of, has he?"

Clockwork rubbed in between her eyes like I was annoying her, which kind of aggravated me. "Can't you see? He likes you, Y/n! Literally everyone in the mansion knows that except you! Where have you been?"

I chuckled, seriously she should know there's a thing called rumors. "Seriously? There is literally no way, we never talk." Clockwork scoffed and looked back at me, "Y/n, the first day you came here Puppet told Toby that he interested in you, and Toby told me." Well shit, I guess there are things about this mansion that I don't know about.

"Why didn't you tell me?" "Because I didn't want to piss you off, Y/n! I didn't want to be that controlling girlfriend that you have to watch out for around your friends because you're afraid that I might snap if you're too close to them! I don't want you dating me out of fear like how I did with Toby." Holy cow. That was a lot. All I knew what to do was embrace her in a warm hug, which seems to always do the trick.