~*Chapter 5*~

I spent a good 30 minutes figuring out my plan, only to find out there is nothing. There was nothing I could do to get Clockwork to be my friend, and there is nothing I can do to break up Clockwork and Toby. I mean, there is one way for me to get Clockwork back friends with me but that is by apologizing and I did nothing to her!

But if I really do want her back, I guess apologizing is the only option. Even if I don't mean it and even if I know I have nothing to apologize for. Maybe by apologizing, she will start opening up again. I rehearsed my apology a few times before walking up to Toby's door. I took a few deep breaths before I knocked and without a surprise, Toby was the one that answered the door. And I could see Clockwork on his bed steadily watching me and him.

He looked down at me and gave me a nasty glare, I winced at his look but I just repeated to myself that this is for Clockwork's sake, not mine. "Sorry, we're busy at the moment." And he was about to shut the door in my face before I blocked it with my hand. God, he is so rude. "Can't that wait? This is important. I need to speak to Clockwork."

"I swear to god, L/n, I will break your fingers with this door if you don't let go. She doesn't want to speak to you, leave her alone." I know he did not just speak for her. I let go of the door but I replaced my hand with the bottom of my shoe, so if he did try to break my foot it wouldn't really hurt and would only destroy my shoe a little bit. "I need to speak to her. This is urgent, Rogers."

"Well, if you are wanting to speak to her then I will have to be at a hearing distance." I responded to his nasty glare with my own nasty glare. "Who are you? Her father? Give the girl more freedom and let her have at least one private conversation, asshole."

He growled under his breath, it was obvious I was pissing him off. "Either you let me be at a hearing distance or you can't speak to her." I saw Toby shiver like something nearly scared the shit out of him, only to see Clockwork caught him by surprise by tapping him on the shoulder without warning. "It's okay, Toby, I will talk to her." And she whispered something in his ear before she went outside and closed the door behind her.

"Y/n, I don't know what you want. But I cannot speak to you. Look, I love you but either it is you or Toby and... well... Toby is my boyfriend so that shouldn't even be a question. I'm sorry, Y/n, but maybe you should find someone new to hang out with, it's healthier to do so."

I stared at her like I just saw a ghost. I forgot about everything for a few seconds before I opened my mouth. I forgot about that stupid little apology, that talk I had with Jane 30 minutes ago, and that I even had that argument with the girl I'm standing in front of. The only thing on my mind was that my ex best friend casually told me that she chose her boyfriend over me, and that she can't be my friend anymore because of it.

"Wow, and I actually thought I was going to apologize to you. But since you can't talk to me I guess I should throw that idea in the trash. Farewell, Clockwork." And I turned around and just walked away, trying my best to hold back my tears. I walked away so fast that I didn't know if she stood out there to watch me walk away until I was out of sight or if she went back into Toby's room so she could hang out with him. And honestly, I don't care anymore.

I went outside of the mansion and walked behind the building, I knew where Jeff's hiding spot was to smoke. He isn't sneaky, even if I am the only one that knows he smokes and hides behind the mansion to do so. And because he wants me to keep his dirty little secret from everyone, he lets me have one every time I ask. Lucky for him I rarely even ask for it, only when I'm stressed or if something is going on.