Chapter 16

Toby's POV

I made it to Puppet's room just to see him sitting alone on a chair, spinning around in deep thought. Of course he was hurting, he doesn't like anyone knowing he's hurting, so when he gets upset like this he tends to get distant and be by himself until he feels better.

"Hey, man, you good?" I asked, knocking on the opened door from the outside. Puppet immediately stopped spinning and looked at me, not expecting me to show up at all. "Yeah, I'm fine. What do you need?"

All I did was smile and sit on his bed facing him, this conversation is either going to be long or short, we won't know until we get there. "I don't need anything. I just wanted to check up on you, I know how you feel about Y/n and all and I think I can help with that."

"Woah, what do you mean by that?" I could sense the feeling of humiliation, even when he tries to hide it I could see his cheeks slightly turn a light shade of pink. "I know you've been crushing on Y/n ever since she's got here, but don't worry I'm not here to judge. I just think we can help each other out."

"What do you mean?" Puppet asked, I could tell he was interested but didn't want to do anything to cause something bad. He knows this also has something to do with Clockwork. "Well, I still have feelings for Clockwork and you have feelings for Y/n, maybe if we break them up then we have a chance to shoot our shots and get with them."

Puppet scoffed and looked away from me, facing the only window in his room, the lights were off so it was the only light source that was in here, it was a tiny ass window, too. "Maybe I do have feelings for Y/n, I still care about her thoughts and feelings. I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt her. If you truly loved Clockwork you would do the same. Do better." He didn't even give me a chance to add, he stood up and gave me a pat on the back before he walked out the door.

I wasn't just going to let him end it like this, so I stood up, too, and walked towards him. I grabbed him by the wrist and when he turned around I let go, even if I wouldn't feel the pain being knocked out is still annoying either way. "Look, I know it sounds bad at first, but you at least have to think about it. We both know they aren't good for each other."

"What do you mean it sounds bad at first? Messing with someone else's relationship because you don't like it is terrible, this is down bad even for you, Toby." I gave up, there is no other way of convincing him now. I didn't even think twice about stopping him again when he walked off.

Well, I guess I'm fucked.

Y/n's POV
The next day

I woke up in Clockwork's arms, she was still asleep snoring like a baby, holding me like I was her teddy bear. I would've loved to stay like this forever, but my stomach said otherwise, so I had no choice but to crawl out of her grasp and make my way to the kitchen to make something.

I made a ham and cheese sandwich, not the best breakfast food but would still do, and went right back to my room. This time, Clockwork just woke up and was rubbing her eyes. "Goodmorning, sleepy head!" I said, giving her the 2nd sandwich.

She slowly grabbed it and gave it one slow, tiny bite while still rubbing her tired eyes. "Goodmorning," she muttered, a yawn escaping her lips as she did so. "So, how'd you sleep?" I asked, sitting next to her while getting back under the covers because for some reason, some asshole decided to mess with the thermostat again and make it colder than the North Pole.