𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟷: 𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝙽𝚎𝚝𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚡

Start from the beginning

Annabeth turns to Jason and points her finger down her throat. He gets the point: Gag me with a spoon.

Dean D continues, "If you would like to drop History of Netflix and take the Trojan War Seminar, please head over to the Big House to enroll and pick up your syllabus. If you would like a chance to take the History of Netflix course, get your asses in the dining hall so we can settle this like adults."

✎✎✎

Dean D does not, in fact, plan to settle this like adults.

The tables in the dining hall have mostly been pushed to the side of the room, except for a few tables and chairs that are part of the series of obstacle courses set up.

"This is ridiculous," Piper says to Jason. "Maybe we should just take that other history class."

"No," Jason says. He will not put effort into a seminar class when he could earn points for watching Netflix.

Dean D turns up a dial on a speaker and then the film score from The Hunger Games blasts throughout the school. When did he get the time to change into the Katniss Everdeen dress? More importantly, is the dress going to catch on fire? Jason doesn't think that's such a good idea considering last he knew, the building's fire alarm system doesn't work.

Mr. Brunner steers his wheelchair onto the stage next to Dean D. "Good morning, students, and welcome to... The Netflix Games!"

Jason rolls his eyes. Yeah right, this isn't a direct knockoff of everyone's favorite dystopian series.

"Each of you will have the opportunity to earn a clay bead by winning a challenge. A bead represents one spot in the class, and Dean D only has twenty of them to give away."

There are easily a hundred people in the dining hall. Not everyone can win a bead.

"Your first challenge will be an egg and spoon race," Mr. Brunner explains.

"C'mon, Jason," says Piper. "Let's go register for that seminar."

Of course, Piper would want to register for the seminar. She's good at talking. Jason, on the other hand, would like to earn an easy A.

"No," says Jason. "We're going to do this so I can graduate."

Leo gasps.

"Okay, bro," Percy says. "You go ahead and sign up for that class. I'm going to plan out my awesome senior year."

"Bro?" Jason asks. He didn't think his bro would give up that easily. Percy isn't super good at memorizing historical facts.

"I got my history credit last semester. I aced History of Ice Cream," he explains.

Jason wants to shake this guy. "You took History of Ice Cream and didn't tell anyone?"

"No," he says. "Annabeth took it too."

"Way to throw me under the bus," she mutters.

Jason can't believe this. "Fine then," he says. "I'll earn beads for all of us so we can take the class together."

Percy shrugs. "I wouldn't mind earning credit for watching The Adam Project or something." Then he turns to Annabeth. "Are you still down for senior pranks?"

Annabeth grabs Piper by the arm. "Let's go swimming in the fountain!"

And then Percy, Annabeth, and Piper are off for their super cool and fun senior year while Jason stays behind to provide for the study group like some kind of hunter-gatherer.