𝚂𝟹𝙴𝟷𝟹: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

Start from the beginning

FRANK: POOL DUTY

So Frank is going to clean the pool and the hot tub before the girls who will probably be too grossed out to use it get here. That's fine. That's not a waste of time at all, especially since the leaves and bugs will return by the time the sorority arrives.

✎✎✎

Since it's a closed party, and only the sister sorority is invited, Frank isn't exactly concerned with it getting out of hand. If the sorority really is related to them, the girls have probably had to undergo all sorts of alcohol and drug safety training as well.

A tall blonde girl in a black jumpsuit approaches Frank and asks him all those mandatory questions you ask another college student when you meet them for the first time: what's your name, what's your major, where are you from, the usual.

Kinzie is nice. She's a business major with a minor in sustainability and already has three or so different companies offering her positions when she graduates at the end of the spring semester. She's impressive, she's pretty, she's a little scary, and she's flirting with Frank.

He pretends not to notice, but when she asks him where his room is, he says, "I'm so sorry if you got the wrong idea; I have a girlfriend."

"Is she here?" Kinzie asks.

"Well, no, but-"

"Great. Let me get my handcuffs."

Oh, god, not handcuffs, Frank dispairs to himself.

"Hey, Frank," says Ellis. "Did you think any more about what I told you this morning?"

Frank makes sure to be obvious with his cry for help. "Okay, Ellis, let's talk in private about that really important thing you needed to talk to me about!"

Ellis shrugs, clearly not getting the point, but leading Frank off the porch and into the house anyway.

"So the prophecy-"

"Yeah, about the frat bro messiah or something," Frank finishes. "What about it?"

Ellis's expression turns grave. "He's supposed to be the ultimate frat bro. Like, the best at parties and getting girls and stuff."

"Okay?" Frank asks. "And?"

"I think you're that frat bro."

Frank can't help but laugh. "I never wanted to be a fraternity brother. I mean, you guys are great, but I don't fit in well enough for that."

"Yes, you do," says Ellis. "You're like, the ultimate frat bro."

"Dude," says Frank, "I don't think it's me. Maybe it's you. Or Clarisse. Or Sherman. He makes good bean dip. It's probably-"

"No!" says Ellis. "Ella doesn't lie."

Frank rolls his eyes. "Ella didn't tell you it was me."

Ellis opens his mouth to argue some more, but then a shout from the hot tub rings throughout the house.

"Somebody call 911!" a sorority sister calls. Frank recognizes her from earlier; she kept fetching nachos for the president of the Amazons, Hylla. Shoot, how much has she had tonight?

"I'll call 911!" Clarisse shouts. "Sherman, start CPR!"

Sherman jumps out of the pool and pushes through the crowd to get to the victim.

"What's going on?" Frank asks Kinzie, the girl he blew off.

She trembles and wrings her hands together. "It's Hylla. She..."