015. domesticity

imessage + instagram + irl!

Gracie and Macy were narrowing down to the last day of their vacation and they decided it would be best spent luxuriating in the sand. Macy reluctantly got up at 7 am to go down to the beach. There weren't very many people there and it was pretty peaceful. The sun hadn't quite come out completely, so they bundled up in sweatshirts and blankets until it warmed up. Macy hadn't spoken a single word since they'd gotten up which wasn't too abnormal. She wasn't a fan of getting up before noon even though it was her idea to go so early. So she sat there quietly, with her head in Gracie's lap staring out at the water. The sky was a pale shade of pink with pastel blues blending between the clouds. The sun was mid rise and beautiful shade of golden. 

"you know, I'm actually kinda glad we came so early. The sunset is so nice" Macy grinned, burying her face farther into Gracie's lap. "Wow, and I thought you said this was the dumbest thing we could possibly doing right now"

"Okay shut up! I was just tired. You know I'm not a morning person"

"Don't I?" Gracie muttered under her breath, a small smile forming on her face. Macy remained silent for a little while longer and soon enough a peaceful silence drifted over them. The sun rose slowly, casting yellow light over every surface. They'd spent most of this trip inside either Macy at her parents house or Gracie out with her friends. It felt good for the two of them to spend a little time together outside enjoying nature.  

Before long the two began to get hungry and were forced to abandon their perfect spot on the sand. "So where should we go?".

"I don't know, I was thinking we could go home and cook"

"Really?" Gracie asked, surprised. Most the time Macy was begging her to go out to dinner because she was "bored" of eating at home everyday. But something about having their own little house to themselves and being able to spend every morning with Gracie made her want to stay home all the time. 

"Yeah, I like it when you cook for me"

"I knew it, I knew you always wanted me to be your little housewife"

"it's true, that was my plan all along." She chuckled, brushing the sand off of her pants and gathering their belongings. 

"I'm just surprised you actually want me to cook you something. When we're at home you always want to go out for breakfast"

"I don't know, I just have a craving for a chef Gracie special"

"Well, I am a wonderful cook so I don't blame you"

"You're also very annoying"

"You love it"

"Sure"

Before they knew it thy were walking hand and hand away from the beach. It wasn't a far walk from their place so it didn't take too long to get back. Once they arrived Macy took the first opportunity to hop on the counter and watch Gracie cook. "Hey, you wanna do something tonight?" Macy asked, stealing a strawberry off of the cutting board.

"Well I'm going over to Liv's I think we're carving pumpkins"

"In the middle of summer?"