013. jump then fall

phone call+ irl!

Macy woke up extremely stressed. She and Gracie usually stayed in bed until noon just talking about whatever random shit they thought of when they first woke up. But this morning she was woken up by a frantic call from Nelle who was losing her shit over something Macy couldn't quite understand at 6 am. She was rambling quickly about some situation with Diana and she swiftly ended the call by saying " I need to get out of here, I'm about to board a flight to LA" and promptly hung up. Macy didn't bother to try to understand it and figured she could just see what was going on when it was actually time for her to wake up. Just as she was falling asleep again she got a call from Diana. She skipped the small talk and went straight into whatever it was she needed to say. 

"What did she tell you? Is she coming there? She's at the airport isn't she?"

The only word Macy could form was "What?"

"Whatever, tell her I'm not talking to her, or following. But I need to get out of this place. I'm coming to L.A"

"What??" She repeated, twice as confused as last time. 

"It doesn't matter, I'll see you in like six hours"

"What?!!" She husked, feeling like her brain was being scrambled into a million small pieces. Why did she have to be the one everybody was calling? Couldn't they call each other? Or maybe a therapist? She didn't even have the chance to ask a question before Diana hung up and she was left staring at a black screen. She rubbed her face harshly in an attempt to wake herself up when she felt stirring next to her. She waited a little while until it seemed like Gracie went back to sleep and got out of bed. She tried calling Nelle back three times and was left with no answer. She tried for Diana too and got nothing. She contemplated calling Junie to see if she knew what was going on but it was only nine o' clock in New York and there was no way Junie would be up before exactly ten thirty-five. So she just sat on the couch for  a while trying to weave her way through the complicated web that was this entire situation . After a while she'd exhausted herself and figured it'd be better to just start getting ready for the day. That was until a very tired looking Gracie came padding into the living room begging her to get back in bed. 

"Come back to bed" Gracie groaned, curling into herself on Macy's lap. 

Macy began smoothing out the frizz at the top of her head, considering whether or not she even wanted to go back to sleep. "Please, just come back. I can't sleep without you" She pleaded. Her voice was deep and raspy and the most perfect morning voice she ever heard. With Macy's constant affinity for Gracie's voice it was really those few words that did her in. Before she knew it Gracie was dragging her back to bed. As soon as her face hit the pillow and her arms wrapped around her she was out like a light. She slept well after that. She'd always found that falling asleep in Gracie's arms was when she felt the most secure. She felt safe, and she could sleep as peacefully as she wanted.  

Macy felt fingers running up and down her arms. She wasn't quite awake yet but she could feel the sensations prickling through her consciousness. She didn't want to wake up. The thought of leaving their bed pained her more than it should've. The only thing she wanted to do was wrap herself  up in blankets and feel arms around her. She wanted skin on skin. She wanted to graze the softness of Gracie's cheeks with her thumbs. She simply wanted to get away from all the constant thoughts. She didn't want to think. She just craved relaxation. 

"baby" Gracie whispered to her, lips almost touching her ear. Her voice sounded far away. She could hear it but she couldn't picture it in her mind. It felt like she was hearing her through a closed door. She didn't respond, she shut her eyes tighter and pretended not to hear her.