022. 1 step forward, 3 steps back

imessage + instagram + irl!

Gracie had been doing so much better over the past few weeks. She'd slowly come to enjoy actually being on tour, and having the privilege to perform and be around fans. To be truthful, this was the first time since their breakup that she'd actually been genuinely happy. She hardly even thought about Macy or the breakup anymore. The thought of her only crossed her mind in the middle of the night when there was nothing else to occupy her, or when she'd been alone for way too long and she couldn't stop her thoughts from straying every which way. But for the most part, it really wasn't a constant thing on her mind. Gracie was finally starting to feel like herself again, like how she felt before everything. For the first time in a long time her happiness was genuine, rather than something she'd just tried to trick herself into believing. 

Another one of the many things that aided in Gracie's slow resurrection was her friends. She was in a much better place with them now, it wasn't exactly like it was before. She thought it may even be better. Her relationship with Diana was much stronger now, and though they still bullied each other relentlessly (mainly Diana), It didn't feel as volatile and competitive as before. Along with that, she'd been hanging out with Olivia, Conan, Iris, Madison a lot more recently. They'd begun to join Olivia on tour and it felt so wonderful to get to see them. Once she'd finally told them everything about the breakup and the relationship in the first place, it felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. All of them were so understanding and sympathetic to her, and nothing made her feel more validated. Gracie was finally beginning to heal, It had it's ups and downs, but It felt nice to at least be making progress.

Gracie had just arrived back in the city after a few long months of traveling on tour. It was one of the rare days she'd actually had a break before the next show, and she was so excited to see all her friends again. The second Gracie stepped into her apartment she felt instantly comfortable. She hadn't been home in months and it never felt so good to be back in her own space again. As she walked through her apartment, refamiliarizing herself with the space again, memories began coming back to her. She hadn't realized the last time she'd actually been in her own apartment was right after the breakup. She sat with the thought for a moment, processing it and the emotions that came with it, and as swiftly as it came she let it go. To prevent herself from lamenting on those thoughts for too long,  she figured she needed to focus on something else. 

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⇿⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

Imessage

cool kids club + jamie

nepotism baby

HONEY I'M HOME

serial monogamist

BITCH FINALLY 

IT'S BEEN FOREVER

magical fairy princess

MY LOVE I MISSED YOU SO MUCH

keys

THANK GOD 

IT'S BEEN WAYYYYY TOO LONG

nepotism baby

OMG I MISSED U GUYS SO MUCH FR 

IT'S BEEN LIKE A MILLION YEARS

serial monogamist