Gerald R. Ford: We need to fire the anti-ship missiles! Now!

Zumwalt: Roger!

Yet as Zumwalt approached one of the consoles a few of the VLS cells opened and multiple AGM-158C LRASM were launched at the enemy warships.

*KAAABOOMMM*

*KAAABOOMMM*

*KAAABOOMMM*

*KAAABOOMMM*

When the nearly half a ton heavy warheads of the missiles detonated the hostile warships went up in flames, taking them out of the battle.

Gerald R. Ford: How...?

Zumwalt: ...

Both were trying to understand how the Anti-ship missiles were launched when no one was at the controls. There was silence until Zumwalt had a idea.

Zumwalt: I know!

Gerald R. Ford: Tell me buddy.

Zumwalt: Gerald, launch an Lightning!

Gerald R. Ford: ...what.

The blonde carrier stared at the young destroyer with a deadpan stare before he answered.

Gerald R. Ford: First of all, how in the world am I supposed to launch a F-35? Second, I'm not a Pokémon, Zumwalt.

Zumwalt: Just think about launching one!

Gerald R. Ford: Why-

Zumwalt: Just do it! Please?

Gerald R. Ford: Fine, I'll-

And as soon he thought about it a F-35C Lightning II appeared on the flightdeck of his carrier and a few seconds later took of from the carrier, the engine roars fading as it flew into the distance before it started to fly around the carrier in large circles.

Gerald R. Ford: WHAT!?

Zumwalt: It worked!

He jumped in excitement upon his idea having worked.

Gerald R. Ford: Your a genius Zumwalt!

And then both did a high five.

Gerald R. Ford: I don't know how you figured it out but-

But before he could finish his sentence his F-35 interrupted.

Gerald R. Ford: Hold on, my F-35 detected something.

He concentrated on his F-35, but when he did he suddenly had a view of what the F-35 could see.

Gerald R. Ford: Holy shit!

Zumwalt: What's going on!?

Gerald R. Ford: Nothing, I just found out that I can switch to the view of my F-35.

Zumwalt: That's awesome!

Gerald R. Ford: Now let's see what it detected.

He looked around the area, but found nothing but ocean... until he got to the middle of the area where radar contacts were from.

Gerald R. Ford: ...what the fuck is that!?

What he saw was something so familiar, yet otherworldly to him. There was a group of girls, gliding on water like fucking Jesus. They also had what seemed to be miniature WW2 era warship weaponry attached to their backs. So in other words: Something absolutely insane.

Gerald R. Ford: There are-

And he was yet again interrupted when one of the girls launched a aircraft and RODE on it, approaching the F-35 and aiming at it with some kind of fucking bow.

Gerald R. Ford: Ah shit, not good.

He turned the Lightning around and turned on the afterburner with the order to return.

Gerald R. Ford: Alright.

Zumwalt: What did you see!?

Gerald R. Ford: There was a group of girls...

Zumwalt: Aha.

Gerald R. Ford: ...who were gliding on water and had mini WW2 warship weapons.

Zumwalt: Wait, WHAT.

Gerald R. Ford: Yeah, and they're heading our direction.

Zumwalt: From what side are they?

Gerald R. Ford: The allies of course, if they were axis I would have already bombed them into oblivion with my Supet Hornets.

Zumwalt: Yeah, right... So what do we do now?

Gerald R. Ford: We wait for them.

Zumwalt: Okay...

Some time later...

The two were on their respective ships again, waiting, while talking on the radio with each other.

Zumwalt: Are they there yet?

Gerald R. Ford: No, they're not.

Zumwalt: Why is this is taking sooo long?

Geraald R. Ford: I don't know, but- Oh, would you look at that, they are on the radar horizon now.

Zumwalt: Finally...

And soon the Group arrived.

POV Change:

The fleet the Azur Lane had sent out was quite formidable for the purpose of investigating, but since the last time with Dresden they made sure that they had the upper hand. Prince of Wales led the fleet that was consisting of Cleveland, Helena, Sirius and Jervis.

Helena: These seem to be the two ships we detected.

Cleveland: Look at that big carrier! It's HUGE!

Prince of Wales: I've never seen anything like this. Regardless, there should be one on each ship. We need to get on board.

But before they could do that they were interrupted by a radio message.

Gerald R. Ford: *radio* Unknown contacts, this is supercarrier USS Gerald R. Ford with escorting destroyer USS Zumwalt, identify yourselves.

Jervis: Eagle Union!?

Helena: He's from us!?

Cleveland: Does that mean he's on our side!?

Prince of Wales: *radio* This is Prince of Wales from the Azur Lane, we are friendly and mean no harm towards you.

Gerald R. Ford: *radio* Prince of Wales!? *coughs* What is the Azur Lane?

Prince of Wales: *radio* We are a alliance that defends humanity against the Sirens, our mortal enemy.

Gerald R. Ford: *radio* Sirens? Are those by any chance those black and red ships?

Prince of Wales: *radio* Correct, you must have encountered them I assume?

Gerald R. Ford: Yeah, we were hella shocked when we did! And they damaged my carrier!

Prince of Wales: *radio* I understand, may I request you to accompany us to our base for questioning?

Gerald R. Ford: *radio* Of course, we're allies if those are really Cleveland-class cruisers in your ranks.

Prince of Wales: *radio* Thank you, could we go onboard your carrier?

Gerald R. Ford: *radio* Sure, if you could get on board.

Prince of Wales: *radio* Trust me, we can.

Gerald R. Ford: Alright, show me.

End of Chapter

Okay, this took longer than it should have but now we are at the point where Gerald R. Ford and Zumwalt are (re)introduced into the story, because if you read this story back in the day when it was released it was much different.

Also, what do you think of the chapter?

Anyways, have a good day/night!