Lust of wandering

The stares have only gotten worse, especially when there is awe in the mix.

The Arcs decided to avoid Beacon until the second round commenced. Not for another day or two, spending the majority of time visiting the stalls, to mingle and get lost in the large crowd. They kept their hoodie's hood up to cover their face, not wanting to draw attention. As the tournament progressed, all participants were excluded from classes, a small mercy. They found themselves at the noodle stall, Nora and Ren having a day off. It was understandable, Nora can drew in too much attention to herself or others. Everyone wanted to stop and gawk at one of Beacon's only first years that won the first round of the tournament. Made them feel sorry for team BRNZ, losing to a single fighter in a worldwide, broadcasted event.

That could not be an easy title to uphold.

Sitting down, they ordered regular bowls, endlessly thankful that the old man never onced announced their presence. While the food is not on the level of Lie Ren, it tasted great, delicious all the same. During their second order, another patron sat down, ordering a bowl filled to the brim with tuna. The new customer turned to Jaune, narrowing her amber eyes when he groaned from swallowing the noodle the wrong AIRWAY!

???: Jaune?

Jaune: Uh?

Blake: *grin* Relax, it's Blake, from the initiation. I recognize that groan from when you saw the Nevermore.

Jaune: *chuckle* Yeah i remembered that. Don't let Weiss fooled you, she's much heavier than she looks.

Blake: I'm sure the tabloids would pay good money for an inside scoop.

Joan: They are more interested in Jaune at the moment.

When Blake turned to look at Joan, she had the same reaction as Ruby, Yang and Weiss.

Jenny: *giggle* Ruby, Yang, Weiss and Winter had the same reaction as you are when they first saw some of us.

Blake: Woah ok, so the stories about you girls being Beacon's first years along side Jaune are true then.

Pearl: Yup! He's also our lover too.

Blake: *jaw dropped in shock* Hhhhhuuuuuhhhhh.......

Pearl picked up a tuna with her chopsticks, bringing it toward Blake's mouth. She nom on it, like a kitty that just got it favorite treat. They all ate in silence, enjoying each other's company. Oh how Blake cherished the chicken of the sea, so ripe for the picking. Made coming all the way to this noodle stand all the worthwhile. Running into Jaune and his cousins, that was merely a stroke of luck, but she welcomed their presence. At least it beat eating with strangers.

Blake also ordered another bowl, eating off a Huntress' appetite. There is no diet for these ladies, they burned their calories from dangerous training and intense workouts. Anyone dumb enough to even count what they ate should just hang up their mantle, they aren't fit to fight on the battlefield. Huntresses and Huntsmen all ate until their bellies threatened to burst, them 15 included. Although, some do had eating habits that made food come back up. Lucky for Blake nine lives, the Arcs refrained from having such manners.

Blake thought that some chit chat might be pleasant, help filling something into the atmosphere. She waited after slurping away some noodles.

Blake: I saw your fight Jaune. I'm impressed with that Dust grenade you used.

Jaune: *blush* Oh you saw that? It was nothing really.

Blake: No, it was clever. More clever than what we seven did during the initiation. I guess that's why we failed and you passed.

Jaune: Hey, you 7 should've passed. I did nothing but grab the Relic, you were the ones killing all the Grimm.

Blake: *shake her head* You're wrong. While we did killed plenty of Grimm, it was a waster of energy and resources. The missions goal was to grab the Relic and retreat, not to stay and fight a pointless battle. Failing a mission is failing, no matter how many Grimm you kill. You showed that skill alone don't always mean success. I'm positive team BRNZ got the memo, after you outsmarted them.

Jaune: I'm not sure i can think outside the box like that again.

Blake: *waving a tuna in his face* Eat fish, it's good brain food. Fish has all the answers. Fish.

Jaune: *gently pushed the tuna back* I'm gonna have to pass on the fish. It's not my cup of tea.

Blake: *huff* Regardless of your primitive taste buds, i'm rooting for you.

Jaune: You are?

Blake: *nod* If you win the tournament, then the 7 of us who failed don't appear bad in comparison. Not if you win as a solo act.

Jaune: *sarcastic voice* Gee thanks, i can just feel the love.

Ignoring his dry sense of humor, she reached into her bag to pull out a book. With a blank face, she gave him the book, she poked him once in the chest, before touching the volume.

Blake: Here, take this. It can give you and your cousins a good distraction to focus your mind.

Jaune: Are you sure this book will help?

Blake: Trust me, it'll distract you with it story and engaging character arcs. You can give it back to me when i get into Beacon. Maybe i'll read it in your room? We could compare notes.

Later in their room, the Arcs spent the majority of the night red faced, as they read the Ninja of Love that Blake gave them.