𝐈. The Poet & The Painting

Here begins a tale of old time, a tale that in past, the adept writer and poet himself couldn't even envision.

Being a hopeless romantic, he was used to scribbling the pen to let the ink flow and form new beautiful stories on blank pages, writing the journey of past lovers by this ravishing way of rhyming verses in poetries and being the favorite of the kingdom for always having a way with his words.

It's in his blood, the rhymes and beauty of words flowed in his bloodline, something he got as an inheritance from his ancestors who had served the dynasty of Parks for ages, being their manuscript writers and poets to conserve their deeds into tales of books and to please the romantic hearts of royals by conveying sentiments through their words.

Jeon Jungkook had been doing the same.

An aspiring writer & poet of the Busnovia Kingdom, ruled by the Parks, the descendant of the very talented and literated Jeons — Jeon Jungkook.

The long and nimble fingers of the young poet were used to write miles long context on pages and the latter won't even be able to convey one tenth section of his emotions.

He was overfilled with it, overfilled with every sentiment and emotion that could indicate the madness of love and devastation of yearning.

Like an incurable disease, he was suffering from love.

Love for someone he hadn't got a chance to meet before.

There was not a day he didn't look for them, there wasn't a night where he didn't lay and think about them and there was never a moment where his mind didn't spare a thought for them.

'Them' is the person depicted on a broken painting which he had treasured in his room.

The young male would remember the time when he first came across a broken piece of a canvas from the famous art gallery of the Kingdom, unfortunately a disastrous night of thunderstorm caused a strong bolt of lightning to shoot and damage one pillar of the said building where the gallery was, causing some part of it to break down. Fortunately no one was hurt but many antiques and art pieces were damaged and so were many paintings.

The royals of the town were said to visit the gallery the next day but what they met was with the breakdown of the gallery. The prestigious art antiques were huddled up under the broken bricks.

Some antiques were taken away by the workers, if any damage could be recreated, the antiques would be preserved again and if they are completely destroyed, they were to be thrown away and that's when Jeon Jungkook came across this painting.

The men were taking it away but his eyes fell onto the canvas which seemed way more exhilarating to him than the fine paintings in the other protected parts of the building.

"Sir, may I take this?" The question fell quickly from Jungkook's mouth when those amber eyes drawn on the canvas caught his attention.

"Half of it is in dirt, the frame seems broken and the fabric is torn from many places, are you sure you want it?" The man asked and the young male nodded desperately, carrying the painting in his hands from the trolley.

"I'll keep it." And he whispered with the shine of glee in his eyes.

Since that day, Jungkook had kept the canvas with himself, he tried to clean as much as he could, tried to stick the broken pieces of fabric together and fixed the frame but the painting was still not the same as before.