Chapter 17

Harry's POV
The week went a lot faster than I thought it would, but maybe because I tried to keep myself busy while Courtney and Henry were with Louis. Things with Niall haven't gotten any better. I suggested anger management and therapy but that didn't go over so well with him. That I idea from me just resulted in a bruised cheek and a punch to the stomach.
What happened? Was the kids really seeing Louis that bad. No, Niall is just a little jealous that's all. I thought with a sigh as I put some make up on some fresh bruises from Niall.
He has gotten mad that I burnt dinner the first time around which made him wait longer for food. Luckily he said he was going out and would be back later, which means I can get Courtney and Henry inside without Niall staring Louis down.
After I applied the last of the make up I headed downstairs and saw Jeremiah and Micah and told them to head to the park or something and gave them some money for some ice cream.
"Be back later!" Jeremiah said as he took Micah's hand as they began their walk to the park. I then began to cook some lunch for Courtney and Henrik. Just as I finished I heard the door open.
"Papa! We're home!" I heard my baby girl say.
I turned the stove off and went out into the hallway by the front door and saw Henry and Courtney putting their stuff down.
"Papa!" Courtney and Henrik said and both gave me a hug which made me wince in pain but hopefully no one noticed.
"I missed you two. Why don't you both go put your stuff up in your room and come back down for lunch." I said with a small smile.
"Okay! I'm starved!" Henrik said.
"You act like Louis didn't feed us!" Courtney said as they began to head upstairs.
"I'm allowed to miss papa's cooking. He was alright, not as good as papa though." Henry bickered as they went to their rooms.
"Still can't cook?" I chuckled.
"Just that one dish with Parma ham, I remember you saying it was Henrik's favorite, but I kind of felt bad giving Courtney just pasta, we ordered out the rest of the week since I didn't know what to cook especially cause I didn't know Courtney was a vegetarian." Louis said.
"I should of mentioned that I'm sorry. I'll give you a list or have her bring some stuff over next time." I said.
"So there can be a next time?" Louis asked.
"I mean the kids seemed to enjoy it." I said.
"Well Henrik was really stubborn and wanted nothing to do with me but I think we bonded a little over soccer and his favorite dish."  Louis said nervously.
"I'm glad." I said just as Courtney and Henrik came down and ran into the kitchen to eat.
"Harry can I ask you something?" Louis said nervously.
"If it's about Henrik being stubborn it won't affect me not letting you see them more." I said.
"No it's not that." Louis said and got closer to me and touched my cheek, making me flinch.
"Never mind. I know the answer." Louis said sadly.
Louis said and walked away to the kitchen.
"Bye guys, I hope to see you guys again soon." Louis said and then began to head towards the door.
"Louis," Harry said grabbing my arm.
"Harry I've got to go, just promise me something." Louis said and I could see sadness in his eyes, from what I'm not sure.
"What?" I asked confused. Why was he acting so strange?
"Promise me if he goes too far you'll come to me or call someone for help." Louis said and hugged me and kissed my cheek.
He then released me from the hug and opened the door to leave just for Niall to block his way out.
"What are you doing here?" Niall asked
"I was just dropping the kids off and leaving." Louis said and brushed Niall's shoulder on his way out.
Niall shut the door and hung his coat up. He kiss my forehead and then headed into the kitchen without a word.
Please let him be sober. I thought and walked into the kitchen and made him a plate and made myself a plate.  The rest of lunch Henrik and Courtney talked about how Louis' place was. I could tell it was annoying Niall by the way he clinched his teeth but I would pay for it later. They seemed to enjoy their time with him. Once lunch was over we had a movie night, well the kids and I did. Niall just went to bed. I sighed and hoped things would get better.