08

"Mom what's happening?" Shota spoke softly.

His mom was on her knees crying before him. She was having a hard time breathing.

"Mom?" He asked again as she was trying her best to catch a breath.

"Don't worry." She smiled having tears running down her cheeks. "It will get better."

-

Shota shook his head waking up from his flashback. He had almost fell asleep during class. He looked around him seeing Jongseob paying close attention to what the teacher was saying.

The boy was quickly looking up to then down and keep writing his notes. Shota had no idea what was going on since he had zoned out.

He tried his best to get back on track but it wasn't that much left on the lesson. The teacher had been speaking the whole time and it would be difficult to focus the whole time.

-

Shota tried once again to call his sister. All the signals went through but it just went straight to the mailbox.

He let out a deep sign and rolled his eyes.

"What's going on Shota?" Keeho asked with a concern look.

All the boys had been deciding to hang out for a bit after school since it had been a while since they all did something. They where all outside drinking some coffees and soda.

Jongseob also gave Shota a concern look.

"My mom told me to tell my sister to be home since she's never at home anymore but she won't pick up." Was all he said and put the phone back in the pocket on his jacket.

"That's not your responsibility though." Keeho answered. "Don't worry about it." He put a hand on the youngers shoulder smiling.

Shota felt his heart warm up and he smiled shyly. "Thank you hyung."

Jongseob watched them without saying a word. Something in him made him almost a bit angry. He put his hands in his pockets and turned away. It was like when Shota helped Keeho in the kitchen, he almost felt replaced.

He heard Keeho and Shota talked loudly behind him. They shared a lot of laughs. Intak was like always teasing Theo like crazy, Jongseob could see Theo read face even though he wasn't looking.

Jongseob took a sip from his coffee trying to not listen to them. The other three boys where being way to loud again.

"Hey Goblin!" Jiung screamed. "Come here."

He turned around faking a smile and walked up to them.

Shota followed Jongseob with his eyes, he felt something was off.

"You two will take the bus together right?" Jiung asked pointing at the youngest boys.

They had all been hanging out for some while now at it was getting a bit too dark.

"Yes we are." Jongseob smiled.

"Great great, see you tomorrow." Jiung smiled back and gave them a soft hug.

Shota and Jongseob walked next to each other without saying a word. They where going on the same bus since it was time for Jongseob to live with his dad for a week.

Shota could feel the tension in the air but he no idea we're it came from. He watched the boy. The hood was up and his hands where deep in the pockets of the jacket.

"Jongseob are you okay?" Shota decided to ask quietly. He felt his heart beating since he had never seen Jongseob like this. He was most of the time very talkative and bubbly, but now he had this intense tension around him.

"I'm just a bit stressed out I'm sorry." He said still looking at the ground.

"Is it that you are going to your dads place?" The other asked.

The boy never replied. They just kept on walking towards the bus in silence. Shota couldn't help but find it kind off awkward. He was scared he made the younger boy uncomfortable.

They arrived at the bus stop. No words where to be said still.

When the bus arrived they sat down at the normal seats. Shota took out his AirPods and put on in Jongseobs hand. They touched for a quick sec. After they got a quick eye contact, both of them quietly giggling.

Jongseob smiled and put it into his ear. Shota smiled back and put on some songs.

The long haired knew something was off but he wouldn't force Jongseob to talk about it. But he would be lying if he said it didn't stress him out not knowing what was going on. He had never been this close to anyone before and he only wanted to be there for him.

"I'm sorry I am like this Shota."

Mentioned boy but glanced up. The other was still staring out the window.

"I got a bit stressed today I'm sorry, but I'll be okay." He continued speaking.

"Yes." He answered quickly. "You can always talk to me if you need."

"Thank you." His voice cracked a bit. "Can we hang out tomorrow?" His voice cracked again but this time almost sounding a big ashamed asking.

"Yes." Shota smiled.

-

"She still isn't home?" Shota asked.

"No." She shook her head sadly.

The boy didn't know what to say. He had already tried to call his sister many times today but she never picked up.

"I don't know what to do."

Shota had just stepped into the apartment to find his mom drinking a cup of green tea to try her best to calm down.

"Me neither." He said. "I think she will be back soon." He continued trying to calm her down.

"I hope so." She was still looking down and she walked back to the sofa.

He felt his heart sink to the floor. It was going through the whole body, down. He could only replay the memories from their old home, how sad his mom would look, she has the exact same look on her face this time too.

A/n

Idk how I feel about this chapter and I'm sorry it took some time to update! Thank you all so much for the reads and votes <33