Chapter 28, today

***hey

***
hey...hey...how y'all doing...I AM ALIVE I JUST LIKE IDRK💀 I LOVE YOU GUYS PLEASE DONT MURDER ME FOR NOT POSTING FOR SO LONG

i opened my eyes to fluff in my face and the sound of Chris's heartbeat in my ears.

there was a knock at the door and i groggily opened my eyes and looked around.

"Caroline," Scarlet's voice cracked, like she was nervous or scared. "uhm can you come downstairs?"

i rubbed my eyes. "yeah give me a little." i replied back as i got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. i brushed my teeth and hair and then walked out to see Chris and Pearl still asleep.

i chuckled as i walked out of the room, making sure to close the door behind me. i headed downstairs looking at my phone. i looked up and i saw a face i never wanted to see.

my mother.

her dark brown eyes pierced mine. my eyes widened, Oliver looked at me with a look only i could describe as sadness, sadness that she was here. sadness and anger. i looked at her as i didn't know what to say.

"Caroline." she breathed.

"mom." my voice cracked.

i gulped as she stared at me.

"why did you leave me?" she asked.

i took in a deep breath and clenched my fist.

"Caroline," she said as she stood up. "why do you not love me anymore?" she asked me. "after everything, you just left me. i'm your mother. i took care of you, i loved you when your father didn't. i don't know why you hate me, because i have been a great mom. i have done nothing wrong to you. but you hate me, and i can't stand to look at you anymore." my mother spat at me.

i didn't reply and i just gave her a look.

"your grandmother would be so disappointed in you. so disappointed. but i love you Caroline. and you can get better. you're just not in a good head space, and i can help you, so you can make better decisions, and come home, with me."

i stared at her in disgust as she reached out for me but i stepped back. "don't touch me." i said with a disgusted tone in my voice.

"yeah, mom what the hell?" Oliver snapped as he pulled me away from her.

"oh don't even talk Oliver! you abandoned me too! and didn't invite your own mother to your wedding. how did i ever raise my kids to be such monsters?"

"mom, we're not the monsters, you are. after years and years of your abuse we're done and you continue to do it after we've left." i snap. "i'm tired of your manipulation and your fucking bullshit. you may not hit me anymore but your fucking mouth is just as bad."

my mom gasped. "Caroline Yasmin Rivers! we have talked about this! it was a rough time in my life."

"i was 8!" i shouted. "i was a fucking kid mom! you took it out on your child! i had done nothing wrong, but you convinced me i had. you're a piece of shit person and a terrible mother! you're just like dad."

my mom froze.

"you need to leave." Scarlet said sternly. "this is my wedding day, this is my house, this is my husband, and my sister in law. you will not ruin what i have. now get out of my house." she snapped.

my mom stared at us all as Oliver held a stern and expressionless look on his face, me and Scarlet glared at my mom.

my mom grabbed her things and quickly got out of the house, she turned to say something but Oliver shut the door in her face and locked it.

i sighed and rubbed my temples. Oliver sighed and looked at me and walked over and hugged me. i hugged him back and wanted to cry, but i didn't. this wasn't the day to cry. this wasn't a day for me to mope. this was Scarlet and Oliver's day, to be happy, and have fun, and just love each other.

i sighed and let go of him, Scarlet gave me a sympathetic look.

"i'm sorry my love." she said with a sigh.

"it's okay." i sighed. "but let's not focus on that right now. let's get you two ready for the best day ever." i said with a smile and then the wedding day had begun.

***

i had finished my hair and makeup and i was in the bathroom, i slipped my dress on. and looked at myself in the mirror. i had on a black dress it was short and tight and i had on silver heels with it. i had small silver hoops and silver rings and a silver necklace. i curled my hair and did my makeup.

never ever take anything away from the bride.

so minimal as possible. don't stand out. that's the bride's job.

i sighed and walked out of the bathroom and saw Chris. he had on a white dress shirt and black pants, and he had on some rings and on the bed in front of him was his jacket that was also black. i froze. and folded. i was frozen and folded because holy shit.

i stared at him as we locked eyes and i saw his move down and then up and then back down again. i gulped as he looked at me with a look in his eyes i've never seen before.

"C...oh my god." he said as he walked over to me. he put his hands on my waist and just looked at me in awe.

i nervously laughed and smiled at him.

"you look...fucking gorgeous." he said in a shocked but happy tone.

i scoffed and smiled. "thank you." i chuckled.

he looked back up at my eyes and i looked into his. he smiled as he slowly leaned in and gently placed his lips on mine. it wasn't a very long kiss but it wasn't short.

i pulled away and smiled at him a little as he took a step back and looked at me again running his hand through his hair. i rolled my eyes and smacked his chest.

"let's go loser." i scoffed.

"okay, okay." he said as he grabbed his jacket and put it on. i stared at him, god he was so pretty.

he noticed me staring and gave me a confused look. "what?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"you're so handsome." i said with a cheesy smile as i pulled open the bedroom door and walked out into the hallway.

Pearl following close to me, giving me a look like my best friend would. one that almost said "you go girl" or "fina-fuckingly."
i chuckled and scratched her head as Chris closed the bedroom door and officially started the mess that is a wedding.

***

little rant here but have you ever met those people that try to outshine the bride at a wedding. i've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. if you're like that there is the door👉🚪