chapter 26, 2 days away

***

***

TW: racism

i walked down stairs into the kitchen to see Oliver sitting at the island, he played on his phone as Scarlet walked away from the pantry holding a box of Lucky Charms.

i walked into the kitchen sliding on the hardwood.

"morning." Oliver mumbled.

"good morning C, how did you sleep?"

"pretty good, what are the plans for today?" i ask.

"oh nothing really, i'm gonna go get my nails done and make sure appointments are still on, and do a little bit of work." Scarlet sighed.

"sounds fun." i chuckled.

"but you and Chris are more than welcome to go swimming or go visit the town, anything you would like." she said scooping up some of the cereal.

"thanks Scarlet." i said with a smile as Chris trudged down the stairs with his hair a mess and looking half dead. i chuckled at his appearance and he gave me a look and walked over to me and wrapped his arms loosely around my neck. he laid his head on mine and i could feel him relax.

i chuckled and looked away from him to Scarlet who had a small smile on her lips. my cheeks turned a little red and i moved my eyes away from her gaze.

"so, what are your guy's plans for today?" Scarlet asked.

"sleep." Chris groaned.

i chuckled. "visiting town." i said.

"visiting town." Chris repeated.

Scarlet chuckled and so did i as i rubbed Chris's arm with my thumb as i held onto his wrist.

"well, i need to get ready to go do my wedding shit." Scarlet sighed.

"oo that sounds fun." i said sarcastically.

"Cece?" Chris groaned.

"hmm?"

"when are we going into town."

"when you're a quarter alive." i scoffed.

Oliver scoffed as he got up and kissed Scarlet's cheek as he grabbed his water. "i'm going out with Cooper and Ben." he said. "i love you," he said to Scarlet as he kissed her. "i love you," he said to me as he messed up my hair. he turned to Chris and sighed. "i like you." he said as he patted his back, making me and Scarlet laugh.

Chris smiled and buried his face in my neck.

"have fun you two." Scarlet said as she walked away up to her room to get ready.

i sighed and looked around. "you a quarter alive?"

"close enough." Chris said as he pulled his head away and looked at me. i chuckled as he let go of me and walked over to get a glass of water.

i smiled at him as i waited for him. and once he was done i walked back upstairs and he followed behind me.

i picked out my outfit, it was a white short dress with floral patterning. it highlighted my curves so well and i loved it so much. i walked into the bathroom to change and then i sat on the floor in front of the mirror to do my makeup and hair.

Chris went to brush his teeth and get ready as well. by the time he was done i had just finished my makeup.

he was wearing jeans and a graphic t-shirt, his hair was messy and i couldn't help but stare. he had on a few silver rings and i stared at him in the mirror as he walked by. he looked at me and i looked away and turned on my straightener.

i had curtain bangs and lots of layers so i was gonna flick the ends out.

it took me 15 or so minutes and then i was done. i grabbed my shoes and put them on. i sprayed on perfume and put on deodorant and i fed Pearl. who was still asleep.

we got to my car and chris pulled up the directions and we headed out to town.

***

the town wasn't very big but it was very pretty. around a 2,000 or so people lived in the town. i was looking around when i saw a bunch of small cute shops, flowers and so many more. i instantly pulled into a parking spot.

me and chris got out and i practically ran over to the flowers and looked through them. there was an older lady and a man and i guessed they were married.

there weren't many people around and Chris was looking through the flowers with me.

while looking i heard a laugh to my right. i looked over and saw two women. they looked at me with a weird look. i gave them a smile and then continued to look at the flowers. while looking i heard what they were talking about.

"what exactly is she?"

i furrowed my eyebrows.

"do you think she might have a disease? you know all those people have them."

those people?

what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

the other woman laughed. "make sure the dogs and cats stay away from her, she might eat them." the woman with brown hair said and they both laughed.

i clenched my jaw and took in a deep breath but i didn't say anything.

"i wonder how she can see, i mean you can barely see her eyes." the woman with blonde hair said. "they're so small, she looks like she has no eyes."

"gosh i don't know, let me try."

i looked over and saw the brunette woman pulling back the skin near her eyes mimicking mine. my eyes widened as i saw them both laugh.

"excuse me." i said.

they both looked at me and the woman stopped.

"maybe instead of being racist pieces of shit you take those lip fillers, and that botox out of your face before you come attack my features." i snapped. "making fun of my small eyes doesn't make your fake eyelashes and terrible eyeliner look any better."

i gave them a smile and they both looked at me in shock.

"and maybe you should stop going outside so much, your wrinkles are getting really bad."

both of the women stared at me in shock and disgust as they both stormed off. they both said nothing and continued to walk.

i sighed and picked up a bouquet of roses, lily's and sunflowers. i brought them up to older couple who stared at me in shock. i smiled at them sweetly.

the man smiled at me. "will that be all?" he asked.

"yes sir!" i said cheerfully.

"have a nice day ma'am, the flowers are on me." he said with a smile.

the woman looked up at him and then at me. "you have a good day honey." she said with a sweet voice.

"oh it's no problem, please let me pay for them-"

"there is no need ma'am it's the least we could do. terrible first impression of our town. please, take them, it's on us." the man insisted.

"are you sure?"

"of course my dear." the woman said. "i hope you have a good day."

"thank you, you too." i said with a big smile as i turned around and walked away with Chris.

"i have a love and hate relationship with people." Chris said.

"so do i." i said with a smile as i smelled the flowers.

***