chapter 27, tomorrow

***

***

it was 8 o'clock at night and i sat on the couch in the living room. Pearl laid on my lap, purring. she was fast asleep as i scratched her head and ran my hand along her back. i had hocus pocus on and it was near the middle when Chris walked down in his swim suit. i looked at him a little confused.

"you wanna come?" he asked as he walked to the sliding glass door.

i smiled and nodded and gently moved Pearl off of me and onto the couch. i sprang up and ran up the stairs to go change into my swim suit.

i put my hair up in a bun and ran back downstairs with my towel and outside to the pool.

the pool had led lights in it, it was a shade of purple. i set my things down and walked over to the stairs. the water was surprisingly kinda warm. i continued to walk in until i was fully in the water. Chris look at me and smiled as he swam towards me.

he got to me and wrapped his arms around my thighs and picked me up. i laughed as he spun around and then set me back down. i smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.

"so, how are you enjoying Pennsylvania?" i asked.

"oh god, i love it. especially the racist white women." he said sarcastically.

"you're not gonna let that go, are you?" i sighed.

"no! C how do you expect me to? i wish i said something but i didn't know what to say. i've never experienced that before." he sighed, almost ashamed of himself.

"and i didn't expect you to Chris." i said. "it's not something that most people know how to react to. but when you grow up in a small town in the south...you kinda get used to it."

Chris sighed and held me tighter.

i looked at his eyes and sighed. he looked at mine and we sat like that.

i bit the inside of my cheek as the thought of kissing him pressed harder and harder into my mind.

but before i could even make a move, he did. quickly he pressed his lips on mine holding me closer to him as he did.

at first i was in shock but then melted into it. i grabbed onto the back of his neck and let the kiss continue.

it felt like fireworks were going off. my heart and mind were racing.

it was about 10 seconds before i slowly pulled away. i couldn't really think straight. i didn't know what to say. i didn't know what to do.

i looked at him and a small smile pried at my lips.

Chris smiled too as i pulled him back in for another kiss. smiling into it. i couldn't be happier.

1 point for Caroline and Chris.

***

sitting in the living room i had just gotten out of the shower and i had on shorts and a sweatshirt. i turned on the tv, putting on Nightmare Before Christmas.

Pearl still laid asleep in the same spot i had left her. i picked her up and laid down and put her on my stomach. she lazily opened her eyes but got up and walked up higher onto my chest. she stretched out, her head next to mine. i chuckled as she scrunched back up and i pulled the blanket up covering both of us.

i watched the movie as i felt my eyelids grow heavy. i tried to keep myself awake to wait for Chris but i failed and fell fast asleep.

***

*Chris's pov*

i walked down the stairs and saw Nightmare Before Christmas playing on the tv. i smiled as i walked all the way down and looked for Caroline before my eyes fell on her fast asleep. i sighed and smiled  as i also saw Pearl fast asleep with her. i pulled out my phone and took a picture, i posted it on my snapchat and left it at that. i put my phone down and carefully picked Pearl up.

at first she was confused and annoyed but once she realized it was me she settled down. i walked upstairs and laid Pearl down in her bed, then headed back downstairs to get Caroline.

i turned off the tv and carefully scooped her up into my arms and carefully walked upstairs trying to not wake her as i knew she was tired.

i made it to our bedroom and closed the door with my foot, and then laid her down. she moved a bit but stayed asleep. i relaxed, knowing i hadn't woken her up and quickly turned off the lights so i could climb in with her.

i laid underneath the covers, my back was facing her. i let out a sigh and closed my eyes.

about 5 minutes later i felt her hand on my arm. and then my arm was lifted and i felt the warmth of her body on mine. i opened my eyes and looked down at her. she had laid her head on my chest with her arm wrapped around me and her head close to mine.

i scoffed and smiled as i rubbed her back as her sweatshirt had come up while she had moved. i kissed her head and told her goodnight as i saw the outline of a very fluffy animal laying next to us.

i smiled as my heart warmed up.

i could get used to this.

***

ARE YALL HAPPY NOW??? TOOK 27 CHAPTERS TO GET A KISS💀💀 I LOVE YOU GUYS👹👹

ALSO I AM ALIVE BUT LIFE GETS IN THE WAY SOMETIMES