chapter 13, LA

***AHHHHHHHHH OMG 10k READS ARE YOU KIDDING ME RN?! THANK YOU ALL SM I LOVE YOU ALL

***
AHHHHHHHHH OMG 10k READS ARE YOU KIDDING ME RN?! THANK YOU ALL SM I LOVE YOU ALL

(that's what Pearl looks like^^^^^^)

I was starting to feel better now. i wasn't throwing up anymore and my stomach wasn't hurting as bad. and i was excited. in a few days i would be starting my new job. i couldn't wait.

i mean hey for just starting, 19 bucks an hour wasn't bad at all.

i was playing with Pearl on my bed. i had a small toy which seemed to be her favorite so far and i moved it around. dangling it in front of her. she jumped and grabbed at it but i kept getting it away.

after a little bit i dropped it down and she grabbed ahold of it. i chuckled and scratched her head. i picked her up and cradled her in my arms. she was biting at the toy. i chuckled and took a picture of her. it was adorable.

i set her back down so she could continue to play with her toy. it made me smile. i texted Madi asking her if she was busy. and she wasn't. i asked her to come over and she agreed. so a few seconds later i had a knock on my door. i sprung up and ran to my door. i opened it and pulled her inside.

"turn around." i said. she furrowed her eyebrows.

"what--"

"turn around." i said grabbing her shoulders making her face the opposite direction.

she sighed and chuckled.

i ran to grab Pearl. i ran back and held Pearl up. she seemed annoyed that i had pulled her away from her fun.

"okay you can turn around." i said. Madi slowly turned around but her jaw dropped once she saw Pearl.

"oh my god." she said in a high pitched voice.

"i know right!"

"it's so cute." Madi said walking up to us and petting Pearl who purred.

"her name is Pearl." i said.

"oh my god she's so cute." Madi said. "can i hold her?"

"sure." i chuckled as i handed Pearl to her. Madi held her and Pearl continued to purr. i laughed and scratched Pearl's head. she truly was adorable.

Madi set her down on the floor. Pearl walked off and i sighed.

"we should do something." Madi said. "ooh let's go see a movie." she said.

"i don't think i can right now. i mean i spent a lot of money on Pearl." i sighed looking down at Pearl. "it'll be different next week, i start working on Monday."

Madi sighed, she seemed guilty?

i furrowed my eyebrows. "oh hey, is your apartment unlocked?" i asked walking over to my door.

"yeah, why?"

"okay. i just need to grab my shoes. i think i left them in your room." i said walking down the hallway.

"wait! Caroline, let me do it!" she called out to me. i scoffed.

"girl i'll just grab them. it's no big deal--" i said pushing open her front door and looking inside all of her things were in boxes.

i looked around, confused. i walked towards a box marked, "clothes." i looked inside to see almost all of her clothes inside of it. Madi came rushing inside but sighed once she saw me.

"Caroline--"

"why didn't you tell me?" i asked. "when are you leaving? and where are you going?"

Madi sighed and bit her lip. "thursday, and LA."

"thursday?!" i said raising my voice. "LA?!"

"Caroline--"

"what do you mean you're leaving on thursday?! Madi that's in two days!" i shouted. "when were you gonna tell me?! were you just gonna leave and have me try to figure it out on my own?!"

"Caroline, i was gonna tell you."

"were you?! why? why are you leaving?!"

"i hate it here!" she shouted. "i was gonna leave the week you came here but then we became friends and i didn't want leave! i stayed longer because of you Caroline! but i miss my family and i wanna be home with them!" she shouted.

i sighed. "you could've told me sooner."

Madi sighed and looked at the floor. "i know. i should've. i shouldn't have waited so long. i'm sorry C."

my throat burned. my best friend was leaving me. i gulped and bit the inside of cheek. i let out a shaky breath.

"i'll come visit." she said, in a hopeful tone.

i sighed. "why didn't you just tell me?" i asked, my voice quiet.

Madi sighed. "i didn't want to hurt you." she said. "but it didn't help at all. i should've told you, and i'm sorry i didn't. Caroline, i love you and i don't want to leave you, but i can't live here anymore. i just can't." she said as her eyes started to tear up. "i'm sorry."

i bit my lip and i hugged her tight. i cried into her shoulder.

my best friend was leaving me.

and there was nothing i could do about it.

***