chapter 20, ily

***ALSO YALL DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN I SAID I WAS ABOUT TO GET A BOYFRIEND WELL AFTER MANY YEARS GUESS WHO FINALLY ISNT SINGLE ANYMORE😍 I THOUGHT YALL SHOULD KNOW

***
ALSO YALL DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN I SAID I WAS ABOUT TO GET A BOYFRIEND WELL AFTER MANY YEARS GUESS WHO FINALLY ISNT SINGLE ANYMORE😍 I THOUGHT YALL SHOULD KNOW

i drove back to the hotel. i climbed out of my car and walked into the lobby. i walked up to my room and slipped in the key card. i opened up the door and the room seemed to fall quiet as they all looked at me.

i clenched my jaw and set my keys down on a counter.

Nick stood up and walked towards me giving me a hug. i hugged him back and smiled a little. Matt did the same. and once he let go of me Chris stood up. i clenched my fists and gulped as i let out a sigh and walked over to him quickly and engulfed him in a hug. he hugged me back tightly.

like he never wanted to let me go.

i closed my eyes and buried my face in his neck. "i love you too."

***

i was quickly packing my things, the triplets had told me about my dad coming here to see where i was. we needed to get out of here. i threw my bags into my car and Matt and Nick put their things in the van while Chris put his in mine. i was checking us out of our room and thanked the front desk lady.

as i was walking out i froze. my dad was fucking back, and he was talking to Chris. i clenched my jaw as i saw Chris look at me. i clenched my fists and walked over to them. my dad noticed me and quickly walked over to me. i quickly jumped into my car and slammed my door shut. Chris jumped in with me. i locked the doors as my dad knocked on my window.

i continued to ignore him as i began to shake trying to get the car to start so i could get out of here. Nick and Matt were inside their car and i finally started up mine and backed up.

i pulled out of the parking lot and pressed on the gas to make sure my dad wouldn't follow us.

he was fucking crazy. what the fuck was he thinking?

Chris tightened up and looked at me. "Caroline, you need to slow down. I know you're freaked out." he said calmly.

i clenched my jaw and looked at him for a second and slowly began to release the gas peddle. i gripped the steering wheel so tight my knuckles were turning white and my hands began to cramp.

i was so tired and i just needed to get home. i needed to talk to Madi, and i just wanted to cuddle with my cat and sleep until Monday.

***

arriving home was the best thing i had ever done. Chris was with me as he offered to stay the night. Pearl came walking in and once she saw me she ran up to me and started purring and rubbing her head on my leg. i sighed and smiled, picking her up and holding her close.

Chris smiled and scratched her head.

i set her back down and closed the door. i took my things into my room and plopped down on my bed. i laid on my side as Pearl jumped up onto my bed and laid in front of me.

i chuckled and scratched her head and pet her. she purred and closed her eyes. Chris laid down behind me and i could hear him sigh.

"that was...eventful." he said, clearly having no idea what to say.

i scoffed and agreed with him. "dads suck." i sighed. "how does this shit always happen to me?" i chuckle, sadly.

"C..." Chris said hearing the tone of his voice, the way he sounded so sad for me.

i clenched my jaw and turned to face him. he laid on his back i choked as tears came.

Chris gave me a pitiful look as he held out his arms and i hugged him tight.

"Caroline, i'm so sorry." he whispered as i squeezed him. i squeezed my hands into fists so hard i could feel my nails penetrate my skin.

i cried and i cried, for hours. i cried until the morning. Sniffling and shaking. Chris stayed up with me until i fell asleep with no more tears left to give. my body was limp and i felt sick.

the sun was bright and was shining down into my home, Chris still laid with me, it was 4 o'clock and i had just woken up.

he was awake and was slowly scratching my head. i sighed as i relaxed. Pearl laid next to Chris so i could see her wiggle and move around in her sleep.

i did not want to go to work tomorrow.

work.

oh shit. i forgot about that.

my phone began to ring. i sighed and grabbed it and looked at who was calling me. a random number from Rhode Island.

well i knew who it was.

my dad.

i'm not doing this right now.

i declined the call when i got a text from the number.

Caroline, please, we need to talk

go talk to your new kids and your bitch of a wife. maybe they'll understand.

and i blocked the number and then turned my phone off. once i put my phone down i sighed. Chris raised an eyebrow at me.

"my dad."

"he's still torturing you?"

"until the day i die." i sighed. i knew there was really nothing i could do about my father. he was my dad after all but just because we share the same blood does not mean we're family.

he is not my family.

and most importantly, not my father.

***