17

Graduation 

She put her hair into her bun, she sighed. "Goose... you and Mav.... gosh I wish you were here." Diana said as she looked into the mirror then looked at the Polaroid and smiled. 

Then she thought back on her dad, then it hit her. She prove him wrong, she prove that asshole wrong. Women can do anything.

She heard a knock on her door, she looked up in the mirror and saw it was her brother. She smiled. "Hey." Diana said. "Hey little sis." Ron said as he approached her. 

"Can you believe graduation is here." Diana said. "I know... I know you proved someone wrong." Ron said as Diana grinned knowing who he was referring to. "Yeah, it feels great you know." Diana said then Ron saw the Polaroid.  

"You know, Goose would be proud of you. Proud that you didn't give up and you made it." Ron said and she smiled. "Yeah, he never gave up on me, YOU didn't give up on me... Steve, Pete...Tom." Diana said. Ron smiled. He saw how much Tom loves his sister, That's all he wants for Diana, to be happy.

"I think we should head on down there." Ron said. "Yeah." Diana said as she looked over everything, then they walked out of the room.

.............

Iceman saw Ace which brought a smile to his face. "Well, we made it." Ace said. "We sure did." Iceman said as he pulled the woman into a hug. Ace thought back on the weeks at Top Gun, all the hardwork and heartbreak that she had to experience but at the end of the day, it was worth it but she wished she didn't have to lose one of the people she cared about.

Ace saw her RIO and smiled. "Well would look at this." Ace said as she pulled away from Iceman. "We did it buddy." Spade said. "Yeah, we made it." Ace said with a huge smile on her face, he pulled the woman into a hug.

..............

Applause filled the area as Jester made his way to the podium. "Gentleman and Miss.." Jester started. As Ace sat there, she overheard Chipper ask. "Where's Maverick?" Sundown looked over at him. "Don't know where he is." Sundown replied. Ace sighed, Spade gave the woman assuring squeeze on her hand as he too heard the conversation. 

"You know what he's planning to do?" Chipper asked. "Gotta be hard on the guy you know, Ace... she's about to make history today." Sundown said which caused the woman to smile a bit.

"So, I am pleased to announced this year winners, yes I said winners, the first time in history, it was tied. So we would like to congratulate Iceman & Slider and Ace & Spade, for being this years winners at Top Gun." Jester announced. Everyone applauded. So many emotions was hitting Ace at once.

.................

As they were celebrating, Spade looked across the pool and saw Maverick. They made eye contact, Spade thought of Ace, how happy she's going to be when she knows Maverick made it.

Ace, Spade, Iceman and Slider took a picture with the Top Gun Trophy. Ace was smiling away until shock hit her as she saw Maverick heading towards them.

Ace smiled a bit when she and Maverick made eye contact then he looked at the four of them. "Congratulations." He said to the four of them. "Thank you." Iceman said to Maverick. "Thanks man." Slider replied. "Thanks." Spade said. "Thanks Mav, I am really glad to see you made it." Ace said with a smile. "And miss seeing a good friend making history, I couldn't miss it." Maverick said which caused the woman's smile to grow bigger.

"I did make history huh, I don't think it has hit me fully." Ace said. "It will." Maverick said. He patted the woman on the shoulder and walked off. Ace looked over at Spade, "I am very happy he made it." Ace said to Spade. "Me too Ace, me too." Spade said before Ace looked over at her boyfriend and brother.

She smiled at the both of them, "I guess the four of us ended up winners." Ace said. "Yeah, but you earned that little sis." Slider said. "Hey don't act like you two didn't earn it, you worked your asses off." Ace said. "Damn right." Slider said as he patted his sister on the shoulder, she looked at Iceman. "You good?" Ace asked her boyfriend. "Yeah, I am really proud of you." Iceman said as she smiled at him. "Yeah, I am of you as well." Ace said. 

...........

Everyone was just chattering away. "Gentleman and Miss!" Viper called out. Everyone took their focus on Viper. "I hate to break up the party before it really gets out of hand but there is work to be done. Some of you have to depart immediately. We have a crisis situation." Viper said. Ace and Spade looked at each other.

"Ice and Slider." Jester began to call out the names. "Yo." Iceman said as he was handed a paper by Jester

"Ace and Spade." "Yes sir." Ace call out as she was handed her then her and Spade looked at the paper together.

"Hollywood and Wolfman."

"Maverick"

Ace and Spade looked at each other as they both took a deep breath. "Maverick, you'll get your RIO when you get to your ship. If you don't, give me a call. I'll fly with you." Viper said to Maverick.

"Yes sir." Maverick responded.

..............

"This mission, going to be a dangerous one." Spade said. "Yeah, don't worry. I can handle it, we can handle it." Ace said with a slight smile. "I know you can." Spade said then silence was between the two before Spade broke it.

"I got something to tell you about Anna." Spade said as he and Ace went to talk. "What about her, you guys didn't end it did you?" Ace said as she began to get worked up. "Goodness, no." Spade said. "Thank goodness." Ace said as Spade chuckled.

"You see, I have important, well we have important question to ask you and Tom. Would you like to be godparents to our child." Spade said and Ace's eyes widen. "She's... She's pregnant?" Ace asked and Spade nodded. Then Ace cheered loudly and Spade shook his head then couldn't help but chuckled at the woman. 

"Oh my goodness, That is so exciting. Congratulations buddy." Ace said as she pulled her Rio into a hug.

  Iceman, Slider and Maverick approached the duo. "You alright Ace?" Iceman questioned as she was tearing up. "Oh nothing, we just got asked to be godparents." Ace said. Then the three of them looked at Spade. "Holy shit man, congrats." Slider said as he pulled Spade into a hug.

"Of course we will, right Ice." Ace said. Ice smiled at the woman. "Of course."