15

He what?!?

Ace made it to the base next morning. "ACE!" Spade exclaimed which caused her to smile a bit. "SPADE!" Ace exclaimed. 

"You flying today?" He questioned her. "You know it." Ace said, Spade jumped for joy. "So is Maverick... he was cleared.... they said your statement helped." Spade said. Ace was relief to hear. "It was the right thing to do.... let's do this thing for Goose." Ace said and Spade nodded.

Ace and Spade saw Maverick, they both looked at each other. "Hey Mav." Ace said. Maverick pulled Ace into a hug which confused her at first. "Thank you, I know it hasn't been easy.. now I know it wasn't easy telling your prescriptive but thank you." Maverick said as he pulled away and looked at Ace.

"Hey, I didn't want to see you get in trouble for something that you couldn't control.... Mav, you do realize I am traumatized for this.... like that image is going to live in my head for the rest of my life." Ace said which caused Maverick to sigh. "I'm sorry." Maverick said.

"How are you doing?" Spade questioned. "Enough about me, How are you?" Ace asked. "It's tough... I just been so lost." Maverick said. "I know, I miss dear old Goose." Spade said. "Me too." Maverick said.

"Who's your RIO?" Spade questioned him. "Sundown." Maverick said which caused Ace to roll her eyes. "If he pulls some bull.." Ace said but Spade jumped in. "Ace, relax now." Spade said. Ace rose a brow at Spade then looked back at Maverick. "I'm being serious." Ace said. Maverick nodded.

Ace and Spade walked to their plane. "Maverick doesn't look to good." Spade said and Ace sighed. "He's got this, I just hope Sundown doesn't do anything to piss him off." Ace said;

..............

Ace and Spade went with Maverick and Sundown to make sure everything goes alright to plan. Silence filled the radio before Jester spoke.

"Come on kid, come on, get in there, engage." Jester spoke to Maverick through the comm. Ace wasn't that far behind Maverick. 

"You got a bogey at 2'o clock low, Maverick."  Sundown spoke. "You got the angle for it, whenever your ready."

Maverick broke right, Ace sighed as she knew Maverick was struggling to focus. He followed Jester bit didn't try to engage or take a shot.

"Come on Kid, Take the shot." Jester muttered through the comm.

"You can engage at anytime." Ace said slowed enough as she didn't want to piss him off but at the same time wanted to encourage him. He kept following Jester until he broke right again.

"Mav?" Ace questioned. Spade sighed. 

"Where the hell you going?" Sundown said angrily. "Hey!" Ace barked angrily. Spade's eyes widen had Ace's sudden voice raise. He knew Maverick wasn't doing good, but Ace, he just knew her emotions was out of wack.

"It doesn't look good."  Maverick said. "What do you mean it doesn't look good. it doesn't get to look any better then that." Sundown spatted at him, but Ace wasn't having it. "HEY! if he says it doesn't look good, it doesn't, last time I check he's the one flying, you wasn't speaking until now, so it should stay that way... piss off!" Ace spatted back at Sundown.

......

Ace and Spade landed their plane, as soon as they hopped out of their plane, they saw Maverick grab Sundown by the collar. Ace's eyes widen. "Oh that's it." Ace said as she took off her helmet. "Ace, don't!" Spade exclaimed.

Maverick left Sundown standing there, Ace approached him by shoving him,

Slider looked up and saw his sister angry as she shove Sundown, "Oh shit." Slider said as he putted down his helmet, Iceman was confused at first until he saw his girlfriend angry and followed Slider.

"Listen here, Maverick just lost not only his RIO but his best friend... I LOST MY BEST FRIEND! I WATCHED HIM DIE, that image, I am going to have live with that image for  the rest of my life! How about you do yourself a favor and stop being a dick!" Ace exclaimed angrily. Sundown shook his head, "This is why females don't belong in this field." Sundown said. Spade's eyes widen. Before Ace had a chance to slap him, Iceman grabbed her. "Hey just calm down little sis." Slider said. "Just relax love." Iceman said.

Ace shook and looked at Sundown. "For your information, women belong in this field." Ace spatted as Slider and Iceman looked at him. "You forget Sundown, you are looking at the four tied in first place... I think that means Ace is doing better then you... let's go Ace." Spade said.

"You are better then this babe, let it go and walk away." Iceman whispered to her. She sighed then wrapped herself around him. They walked off. "I'll go check on Maverick, you just relax here." Iceman said to Ace and she nodded then He walked off to the locker room while Spade went to talk to Wolfman.

.........

Iceman walked to the locker room, Maverick was packing his stuff. Iceman sighed as Ace was going to be torned about this. He put some stuff in his locker and shut it. Then he turned around to look at Maverick.

"Mitchell." Iceman said which caused Maverick to stop what he was doing and listen to what Iceman had to say.

"I'm sorry about Goose.." Iceman said as he took another paused. "Everybody liked him." Iceman said. "I'm sorry." Iceman said once more before walking out of the locker room.

Maverick gather the rest of his things then walked out. Spade sighed and Wolfman walked towards the phone. "I'll make the call, you better let Ace know Spade." Wolfman said and Spade nodded then went to find Ace.

"This is Wolfman, yeah, Maverick just quit."

..........

"He what?!?" Ace exclaimed. "Yeah he quit." Spade said and Ace sighed. "You okay?"  Spade asked her and she shook her head no.

"It's going to be a long while before I'm okay again." Ace said as she kicked the ground. "Hey, who knows Maverick might be back, this is Maverick we are talking about here." Spade said. 

"Guess there is one thing to do." Ace said. "What would that be?" Spade questioned.

"Let's do this for Goose and Maverick."