1

We got this Spade

"Listen... Maverick and Goose are pure chaos, don't tell you are too?" Spade said to Ace. Ace froze then turned to Spade. "Are questioning my flying? I know I am the only woman here in this squadron, but I sure as hell know what I am doing." Ace asked sternly. Spade held his hands up in defense. "No no no, I was just saying." Spade said. "You mean Maverick is pure chaos, Goose is in for the ride, besides... We got this Spade." Ace said as she winked at him, he couldn't help but smile at the woman.

"I think we should get to know each other Ace." Spade said as they approach their plane. "Gee you don't say." Ace said sarcastically as Spade rolled his eyes at the woman. "I'm Kidding." She said with a slight giggle. "We can start off with our names, Diana." She said. "Steve." He replied. 

"Do pilots run in your family?" Ace asked. "Yeah, My father and grandfather, you?" Spade asked her. "My brother." Ace said. "How did he or your family take the news of you wanting to do this?" He asked. Ace stopped and looked over, "He was supportive, he's the best big brother but he can be quite a prick but unlike our father, said it wasn't lady like but it's about time that women can prove the impossible." Ace said. "Which you will do." Spade said which caused Ace to smile. "Let's do this." Spade said as he and Ace fist bump each other.

...............

"Holy shit!" Spade said as they walked up after their flight. "She's something isn't she." Goose said as they approached the duo. "I did tell you, do not to under estimate me." Ace said as she looked at her WSO. She looked at Maverick and Goose, "I heard you cause Chaos, Mav." She said as she gave him a look. "Well it wasn't like you did as well." Maverick said, Ace chuckled softly. "Well, something in common, but I don't do it often like you do." Ace said. "She's right Spade, she's a great." Goose said. Ace smiled at him, "Thanks buddy." She said and Goose smiled at her.

"Maverick, Goose, Ace and Spade... office now!" Stinger shouted. Ace furrowed her brows, she looked at the three of them. They looked at her and "Maverick you did something to piss him off again." Ace said and Maverick didn't say a word. They walked to his office.

They stood in front of him. Stinger looked at Ace and Spade. "Incredible flying today Ace as always, Spade you did good but more communication is the key." Stinger said. They both nodded at him before he looked at Maverick and Goose.

"You did an incredibly brave thing.... what you should've done was land your plane, you don't own that plane, the taxpayers do, son your ego is writing checks your body can't cash, you've been busted, you lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers and one admirals daughter." Stinger said which caused her eyes to widen at Maverick. Spade looked ahead, bit the inside of his cheek not dare to say a word. 

"Benjamin?" Both Ace and Goose questioned him. Maverick shrugged his shoulder, Ace shook her head. Stinger got up and went to Goose. "You asshole, you're lucky to be here." Stinger said to Goose. "Thank you sir." Goose said to him. "And let's not bullshit Maverick, your family name ain't the best in the navy. you need to be doing it better and cleaner than the other guy, now what is it with you?" Stinger asked Maverick. 

"Just want to serve my country, be the best fighter pilot in the Navy sir." Maverick said.  "Don't screw around with me Maverick. You're hell of instinctive pilot, maybe too good." Stinger said as he pointed at him. "I'd like to bust your butt but I can't I got another problem here, I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar, I got to do something here... I still can't believe it. I gotta give you your dream shot, I'm going to send you and Ace up against the best... you four characters, are going to Top Gun." Stinger said. Which Ace eye's widen, Spade looked over at the woman who was in shock, but she shook it off quickly. This was her dream since she was a child.

"For Five weeks, you're gonna fly against the best fighter pilots in the world, you were number two with Ace trailing behind you, Cougar was number one, Cougar lost it, turned in his wings. you guys are number one, Ace and Spade, you're number two but you remember one thing you screw up this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong." Stinger said. "Yes Sir!" Maverick exclaimed.

Stinger went up to Ace and Spade. "I expect nothing less from you Ace, Spade, just listen to Ace and you got this." Stinger said to him. "Yes sir!" Spade exclaimed. Stinger then went to his desk. "That is all, you tell me about the MIGS another time." Stinger said as the four of them about headed out. "Gentlemen and Miss." Stinger said and the four of them looked back at him. "Good luck." Stinger said. "Thank you sir." "Thank you." He nodded at the four of them and Goose shut the door. 

Ace looked at the three of the. "Holy shit..." Ace said as they walked down the hall, they turned and looked at her. "We are going to Top Gun!" Ace exclaimed. They cheered as they went down the hallway.

........

Diana packed her bags, she pondered. "I wonder if Slider is going to be there." She said to herself as she sat down on her bed. "What the hell is going to happen from here on out." She thought. She shook her head, "I am overthinking like always." Diana said as she zipped up her stuff and put on the floor next to the door. She laid down on the bed.

"Wow... I'm going to Top Gun." She said to herself as then she fell into a deep slumber.