13

Heartbreak

Ace sat in the locker room hyperventilating .

"GOOSE!" Ace screamed blood curly murdered as she was breathing rapidly. "Ace and Spade do you copy?" They heard Iceman called out as their radio came back on.

"Yeah, Ace, we need to get out of here, they'll get Maverick and Goose." Spade called out but Ace shut the world out. She just lost someone she loves so dearly in front of her eyes.

"Ace... ACE!!" Spade exclaimed as he called out to her. "Why?" She questioned as she was trying to calm herself but the events kept popping up in her head.

Ace sat on the bench, Viper came into the locker room. "Ace... I know you know." Viper said. "Goose is dead." Ace said as her voice croaked. "You can take some time off... from flying." Viper said but Ace shook her head no. "No no, Goose wouldn't want me to be like this, he would want me to continue doing what I love, which is flying." Ace said as she stood up and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"I always like your spirit." Viper said and Ace smiled a bit. "Does his wife and son know by now?" Ace questioned and Viper nodded. Ace sighed. "I am going to go the medical bay and talk to Maverick. You take it easy for the evening Ace." Viper said as he left the locker room.

She sighed.

.......

Ace walked out the locker room, she saw Spade. Spade ran up and hugged her. "Ace, I am sorry for being dumb in that moment." Spade said as he held onto his best friend. "I have to be there Carole and Bradley, oh my... I hope Maverick doesn't get in trouble, it was accident Spade. I watch Goose get slammed into the canopy." Ace said as tears began to slip once more. "Oh Ace.." Spade said as he pat her on the back.

"I know Iceman has been looking for you." Spade said. "I need him right now." Ace mumbled. "I know you do, I am going to go see Carole and Bradley, I'll tell them that you said Hi and you love them both." Spade said. "Thank you buddy." Ace said as she pulled away.

"Anytime, besides your hurting right now, that breaks me because I am so used to seeing Joyful Ace. I am here for you besides I know how much you adored Goose." Spade said. "I see you tomorrow buddy." Ace said. He nodded and went to his car.

She walked down the hall until she saw Iceman and her brother at the end. She quickly ran to him and ran into his arms. He held onto her, "How you doing little sis?" Slider asked. "Like shit." Ace mumbled into Iceman's shoulder. "How about you come over to my place for a bit?" Iceman whispered and she nodded.

............

She laid with Tom, tangled in the sheets. He rubbed her back as they laid in silence. "It's my fault." Diana said breaking the silence. "What? No it's not." Tom said as he looked at her. "If my radio didn't go out.... I could've warned them in time." Diana said as she snuggled her face in his chest. "Diana, it's nobody fault... it's was out of our control." Tom tells her.

"I know, but I could've done something... Tom I watched him get slammed into that canopy, I can't get that image out of my head, I'm traumatized." Diana said. "I think you should let someone know about this... besides they might look into Maverick over this." Tom said as he sat up. "This isn't his fault, I watch it unfold Tom... if I have to, I will tell what happen... it's nobody fault... it's something that nobody couldn't control... I feel it's mine because only if I warned them sooner if our radio didn't go out." Diana said.

Tom sighed. "Now that freaked us out, not only we were worried for Mav and Goose, but when you guys didn't response, it freaked me out even more." Tom said.

Diana sighed. "I can't.... I can't believe he's gone. Oh poor Carole and Bradley." Diana said as Tom held her as she sobbed.

..............

Steve sat in his car with Anna. He picked her up after seeing Carole and Bradley. "I am so sorry Steve." Anna said. Tears were flowing down his cheeks.

"Diana... she's traumatized, she saw it unfold. She won't be able to get that Image out of her head." Steve said. "She adored Nick." Anna said. "Who wouldn't but him and Diana were so close. They had a bond, but now, I know she's going to look over Carole especially look over Bradley. Maverick will be the same way. " Steve explained.

"Are you and her tied with Tom and her brother?" Anna questioned him. "Yeah, but it's going to be something because it might stay tied." Steve said. "Yeah, besides you, Diana going to work her ass off... do this in Nick's memory." Anna said and Steve nodded.

"Is she flying tomorrow?" Anna asked. "I don't think so... I don't blame her, she might see Carole and Bradley. She's with Tom right now." Steve said. "He loves her so much." Anna said. Steve smiled a bit. "Don't be surprise when Diana becomes a Kazansky." Steve said. "I won't." Anna said with a grin.

"It might be a bit before we get our joyful girl back...." Steve said as he sighed. Anna then thought about Mav. "Maverick won't get in trouble for this?" Anna asked. Steve looked at her.

"Diana talked about this, she will tell what happened. It was an accident... a tragic accident that left many in heartbreak... she will never forget about this... Diana will be traumatized by this for the rest of her left, I feel so hopeless that I can't help make my best friend feel better by removing that." Steve said.

Anna grabbed his hand. "Steve... this is Diana we are talking about here.... she will overcome this, she such strong and independent woman... just like I know you two will win that trophy." Anna said with a smile. Steve smiled back.

"You know our Diana, winning doesn't matter to her... but it would be cool... besides she's already considers us winners." Steve assured Anna. Anna smiled.

...............