16

One last go around

"GOOSE!!" 

Diana shot out of her sleep. She took a breathe look over to see that Tom, She sighed. "Never damn ending, it will get better." Diana muttered. She laid back down and snuggled against Tom's chest and he held onto her.

She felt him press a kiss on the top of her head, which caused her to smile. She was easily able to doze back off to sleep.

................

Iceman and Ace walked in together. "You behave yourself today." Iceman said as Ace rose a brow at her boyfriend. "Just as long nobody doesn't piss me off today, we should be good." Ace said with a grin. He shook his head. "What am I going to do with you." He said. Ace stopped and looked at him. "You and I know the answer to that question." Ace said as Iceman's cheeks redden, Ace chuckled. "Golly, I get you every time... Have fun out there, good luck." Ace said as she kissed his cheek. "You too." Iceman said.

As she started walking away, "Wait... your not leaving..." Iceman said but Ace pressed her lips to his before he could finished. "Happy? I almost forgot." Ace said with a smile. "Good luck." Iceman said as he walked to Slider.

...........

Ace was determined, she was just going to stay positive.

Ace looked at her helmet then she felt a presence beside her. "One last go around." Spade said. She looked up and smiled a bit. "Yeah... I can't believe it flew by and... I wasn't expecting us to lose Goose." Ace said then Spade sighed.

"So many heartbreaking turns over the past two weeks." Spade said. "Yeah, I been having nightmares." Ace admitted and Spade looked over at her. "Does Iceman know?" Spade questioned. "No, but something tells me he does especially when I jump out of my sleep to sit up after experiencing a nightmare, Spade that Image, I can't... I can't get rid of it." Ace said as she shook her head. "I know, but after this maybe you and Tom should talk about this, then maybe, not forcing you, talk to someone, get help." Spade said.

"I know, I know. No matter what, they won't be able to erase that image." Ace said and Spade sighed. "Let's do this, one last go." Spade said with a slight smile which caused the woman to smile. "Let's win this, let's end this with a bang." Ace said with smile. "There's our Ace." Spade said with a smile as they both left the locker room.

...........

Ace and Spade went up with Hollywood and Wolfman. 

"Good Morning Gentleman and Miss,  Last and final hop before Graduation.  The points are as follow. Tied Iceman and Slider along with Ace and Spade with 15 points. Maverick, with 14 points, if he doesn't come back, lastly Hollywood is in second with 12 points." 

Ace's mind wander to Maverick, she sighed. "You okay up there Ace?" Spade asked. "Yeah just thinking about... Holy shit!" Ace exclaimed as she saw the bogey. "Ready Spade!" Ace exclaimed. "You know! Good luck Wood and Wolf!" Spade exclaimed as Ace put the plane in full force. "You Two as well!" Hollywood said as they spotted the other bogey.

Ace kept her eyes focused on the bogey. "Your being a tough bastard, alright, let's do this." Ace muttered. She went into a loop which she successfully managed to shake the enemy's plane. She was going straight, she took a breath before taking a deep dive, which the enemy wasn't expecting, she pulled up behind it and got a missile lock on their plane, earning a kill. 

"Yes!" Spade exclaimed as her cheered and Ace smiled. "You did it Ace!" Spade said. "We did it." Ace said with a smile.

..........

Ace and Spade hopped out of their plane, then walked back inside. Ace saw Iceman, he pulled her into a quick hug. "Congratulations on your final hop." Iceman said which she grinned. "Thanks Good luck to you and my older brother over there." Ace said. 

Then Iceman pulled away and walked with Slider. Spade smiled. "Let's get this gear off of us." Spade said. "Yeah." Ace replied.

As she was walking to the women's locker room, Viper called out to her which caught her attention. She turned and looked at him, stood. "At ease, when you get done. I need to speak with you on something." Viper said. Ace nodded. "Your dismissed." Viper said. Ace headed into the locker room.

............

Ace headed to Viper's office, She ponder on what this was about. She approached the door and knocked. "Come on in Ace!" He called out. She opened the door and stepped in. "You wanted to see me sir?" She question.

"Its about Maverick." Viper said. Ace looked at him confusedly, "What about Maverick?" She questioned him. "Do you have any idea were he could be right now?" He questioned her. She smiled a bit. "You going to convince him to come back aren't you?" Ace questioned Viper and He nodded. 

"This is Maverick we are talking about, your best bet sir is to reach out by calling him or evening meeting up. Something just tells me, he hasn't left town." Ace said. "How have you bee doing? I know you have been taking it just as hard." Viper asked her.

"I think I am handling it well, but that image, It won't leave and I don't think it will ever leave." Ace said. "The best you can do is remain strong, which is what you have been doing." Viper said. Ace smiled.

"That would be all." Viper said and she nodded. "I hope you can successfully convince him." Ace said. "Me too Ace, me too. Dismissed." Viper said. Ace nodded and head out of his office. 

Spade approached her, "What was all that about?" Spade asked. "Maverick." Ace said as they walked down the hall then he stopped in place. "Maverick?" Spade questioned. "Yeah, he's going to try to convince him to come back." Ace said. "Yes! Way a go Viper," Spade said.

"I hope he succeeds, better yet, Hope we see Mav at Graduation." Ace said with a slight smile.

"Me too, Ace, Me too."

........