Chapter 1 - A Surprise Present

(Lucifer POV)

I couldn't believe it. There on the table was the letter with the well known stamp of U.A on the seal. I tear the envelope open and see a disc clatter to the floor.

"Well, I was expecting an actual piece of paper but i suppose its... This." I say bluntly "Well just give it a minute, maybe its one of those special hologram ones. They started using those when me and your mom got out of U.A." my dad says cheerfully. I was about to chuck the thing out the window, thinking it was a dud when it flashed a blueish colour and there standing in front was All Might, one of the best, top of the line heros out there!

"YOU, YOUNG STUDENT HAVE BEEN CHOSEN FOR U.A. SEE YOU FIRST THING TOMORROW RISING HERO!" His voice practically rocks the roof off.

"This is it! The big one! The one we've been waiting for Sam!" My mom shouts ecstatically. "Alright, let's breathe here! I think you best dig up some school supplies and I think me and you, Luci old boy, have a school uniform to pick up." My dad is acting like a ping pong ball, he practically drags me to the store for the new uniform.

Apparently, when a new student is accepted, tailors and shops are told in advance to have the uniform set for last minute letters or for quick arrivals. With my dad having Teleportation as a quirk, quick was in his strong suit.

My mom on the other hand has a quirk on the other side of the spectrum, her's is cloning, kind of. Its like cloning but it fades away after "usage" it can complete a task given but it sort of "self-destructs" and dissipates afterwords.

Me on the other hand? None of those, not a single one. Im a "special case" (I think that's the term). Well not really a special case per say, but i just don't have any of their quirks. I couldn't really explain it but in a simple way, I'm not really their kid. Yes I was adopted not too long ago by them. I never liked talking about it but I don't remember much anyway so it sorta works out.

After getting more supplies and the uniform, me and dad made it home. Mom had gone and made a really fancy dinner and helped me sort out what class I was and what teachers I would be dealing with. I couldn't help but feel excited, a new school, a second chance to put my foot in the door! If only tomorrow would get here faster.

*Early Next Morning*

(Third Person POV)

His eyes shoot open with a start and he springs out of bed and quick throws on the new uniform. "A little... Snug but other than that, perfect!" He tears down the stairs and slides into the kitchen. "Goodness, wheres the fire?" His dad asks, laughing hard afterwords. "Well I wanna be on time, right? Its the first day for crying out loud!" Lucifer happily  chimes. "Well there's no need to rush this much. Just make sure you take the right route and avoid as much crosswalks as you can, less stopping the better."

"Yes mom I know." Lucifer says as he hugs them both goodbye and rushes out the door. This was it, a time of a new adventure for rising heros! And it all started, now.