Chapter 22

A year and a half later. 

"Virgil," Serena says as she knocks on his door. They are still staying in the same hotel. 

"Yes?" he asks as he answers. 

"The road was finished a couple days ago but now we can go see everything. Shall we go inspect the houses? They are all ready to be moved into," she tells him with a happy smile. 

"Are you serious? They're ready?" he asks. 

"Yes. All 20 houses are completed and ready to be moved into. They finished the roads yesterday. We are to go inspect them. We'll be staying in Aradan from this point on," she says, still smiling.

"That's amazing. Do I need to dress to impress?" he asks as he looks at her nice blue pants suit. She also has her suitcase. 

"Not today. What you're wearing is fine," she says with a chuckle. 

"Great. Let's go," he says with a smile of his own. He walks over to his bed to grab his black zip up hoodie and the suitcase he never really unpacked. He's dressed in his black skinny jeans and purple shirt with black converse. Serena has made a friendly remark on his choice of colors before. He simply told her it's what he was most comfortable in.

He also grabs his wallet, room key and phone before walking out of the room. He makes sure it's locked. The two of them then head down the hallway to the elevator. He pushes the button for the ground floor. 

"You said the houses were all done. What about the Ordania bunker?" he asks. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins has finished it as well. It's under City Hall. It's the largest bunker yet," Serena responds. 

"I still can't believe that little lady is one of the people who created the various bunkers. She's impressive. Her husband as well," Virgil says. 

"They are. They'll be some of the people who will move into one of the houses with their family," Serena says. Virgil nods. They reach the ground floor and turn in their room keys. Then they make their way out of the building. 

"Hey Lettie," Virgil says as they approach her car. 

"Hey Virgil," she responds with a smile. The three of them climb in once they put their stuff in the trunk. Lettie in the driver's seat with Virgil and Serena in the back.

"Have you spoken to Damien yet?" Serena asks. 

"I have," Virgil says. 

"He said no I assume?" she asks with a bit of sadness. She keeps her eyes on the scenery passing. 

"Actually he said yes," Virgil responds. Serena looks at Virgil. 

"It took some convincing but he agreed to become the Ordania bunker's head trainer. On the condition that I become one of his trainers," he explains. She sighs but smiles softly. 

"I figured he'd have some sort of condition. Am I correct in assuming that you agreed?" she asks. 

"I did. Don't get me wrong I thought long and hard about your offer to become your successor but I don't think I'm the right fit. Also I don't want to be away from my family for too long. I'm certain you'll find someone to take your place. Isaiah would be a better fit. He was the one who handled everything when you were locked up right?" Virgil says in response.

"You're not wrong. He was the temporary head while I was detained. I do believe he'll be a good fit if something were to happen to me. Thank you for at least considering it," Serena tells him. 

"Of course. If you ever need anything then I'll be happy to help if it doesn't take me away for too long," Virgil tells her. 

"I'll keep that in mind," she says, "Are you excited to pick out your new home?" Virgil looks at her.