Chapter 15

They head through the hallway and into the main area. They pass the main desk where it looks like a fire had just broken out and died down. Then they head to the front door. 

"I never thought I'd escape, let alone walk out the front door," Justin says. As soon as they're outside all the prisoners all breath fresh air for the first time in a long time. 

"There are four vans with the Surpis electricity company logo parked over there. Only five people can fit in the back of each one. Please go climb in and we'll take you somewhere safe," Parker tells them. 

"You're riding with us," Remus tells Roman. Roman nods but is a little reluctant to leave Sarah behind. 

"Can I ride with you as well?" Sarah asks. 

"There's plenty of room in the vans. Besides, we're all going to the same place," Remus tells her. Sarah frowns and grabs the back of Roman's shirt. 

"Is there any way she can ride with us?" Roman asks his brother. 

"I mean, I guess," Remus says as he looks at Janus and Tara. It's then that Roman realizes that Logan, Patton and Virgil aren't standing with them.

"Where are the others? I could've sworn I heard Logan and Virgil's voices," Roman says as they walk to an SUV. 

"They went ahead to help ready the warehouse," Janus tells him. Roman nods. They climb into the SUV and a guy Roman only knows as one of his rescuers climbs into the front seat to drive. Janus, Remus and Roman sit in the way back while Sarah and Tara sit in the middle seats. 

"It's good to have you back, Roman. We were all really worried about you," Tara says while Janus and Remus nod. 

"So what exactly was it like inside there?" Janus asks. 

"Not that I liked it in any sense of the word but I suppose it wasn't too bad. We had three meals a day and they taught us how to fight as well as use our abilities better. As long as you followed the rules then the guards didn't bother you," Roman tells them.

"You're a better man than me brother. I don't think I could've survived," Remus says. Roman smiles at him. 

"Hell, I barely survived it. If it wasn't for Sarah, Julia, Justin and Randy I don't think I would've," Roman tells them. "What have you all been up to? I mean you obviously joined the rebellion but what's it like?" he then asks. 

"Surprisingly enough it sounds a lot like what you did. We trained and were able to have three meals a day. But they were home cooked by Edith. She is an amazing cook. Oh my gods I can't wait for you to try her cooking," Remus tells him. 

"I'm looking forward to it," Roman says. They continue talking about stuff that has happened to them over the last three years.

"We're here," Janus says as they pull up to a warehouse. The vans are all already here and the prisoners are heading inside. Roman and the others all climb out of the SUV. They head inside and Roman notices a few boxes of clothes lined up in the middle of the warehouse. Janus goes over to them and pulls out some clothes. 

"Go ahead and find some clothes that will fit you," the other man who helped rescue them calls out to all the prisoners. 

"Who are they?" Roman asks. "That's Parker and that's Damien. They are two of our trainers," Remus says, gesturing to each of them. Janus returns and hands some clothes to Roman and some more to Sarah. 

"These all look like they'll fit each of you," Janus says. 

"There are changing screens over there. One for guys and one for girls," Tara tells them. Roman and Sarah nod before walking over to the changing screens.