Prologue

I was running, I didn't care what happened to me, but I was determined to escape. I looked behind me as I ran through the woods, worried they were still after me. I didn't want to be captured. If I was lucky, I wanted to find a cliff, a cliff where I could simply jump, and never look back at my life.

The sound of a car reving made me panic as I ran through the trees, coming across a dirt road, but there was no way I could escape the car. It was several times faster than me and I ran along the road, hoping it would lead to something, but thankfully to my luck I found a river and like any girl in my situation would do, I jumped into the roaring river, letting it carry me away from the enemy that was behind me.

I thrashed against the strong current that continued to throw me back and forth. I was terrified, but at the same time I was unable to do a thing as I saw rocks up ahead and was ramed right into them, back and forth, before I heard the roaring of the one thing that terrified many souls. Kicking and fighting, I felt my feet dig into the dirt and rocks below the water, but no matter what it was no use as I was thrown at full force. I went flying, I didn't know what to do as I saw a far drop that I was approaching, another part of the river that I could see in the moment going on for miles, toward what looked like several buildings in the far, far distance, but there was nothing I could do. I was weak, tired, and I aimed, diving for a distance away from the rocks, but no matter what the water on me weighed me down and I fell, barely missing a sharp rock, but I still hit the side of my head on another one as the current continued to carry me, but it was not nearly as strong as it was above. I felt my body start to lose energy as I fought to get closer to the shore, but no matter what it was no use.

My vision was growing dark, and no matter how cold the water was, I still could feel the warmth seeping from my head, making me terrified even more. I saw myself approaching a few buildings as I finally felt the water slowing down enough that I pulled myself up onto the shore, but I was too tired to fight myself when I noticed the military hangers, and barbed fences. I wanted to be afraid, but I was too tired and unable to move a muscle. My vision quickly grew dark as sleep filled my conscience, carrying me away from the memories, the pain, the fear, filling me with true bliss and security.