Part 34

I stepped out of my room and began walking down the stairs.

I really hoped Bucky got let off with his excuse otherwise Wanda, Nat and Yelena will never let me live this down. Not to mention the rest of the team.

Speaking of what would my parents do if they found out I had slept with Bucky?

Kill me?

Lock me away?

Send me away?

Kick me to Australia?

Bury me alive?

All these possibilities swirled in my head for the 10 seconds that it took me to walk to the stairs.

I brushed my dress with my hands, adjusting a few things before walking down.

And suddenly I felt overdressed.

What if no one knew it was birthday and they stared at me like I was a fucking weirdo dressed in a very provocative dress?

Oh god.

Well, it's ok, ....no it's not.

Finally after the aftermath of those thoughts I reach the bottom of the stairs.

The entire base of the compound was empty.

Huh. That's weird.

Where the flip is everyone?

"So much for a birthday" I muttered to myself.

What happened to "everyone's waiting for you?"

But then a thought occurred to me. This was my dad, the famous Tony Stark we were talking about, who wasn't throwing a party?

The guy, my dad, who throws parties just for the sake of parties, and maybe the alcohol, hasn't thrown me a party?

Uhm yeah that's a little too far fetched and I find that hard to believe.

Anyhow despite my eventful morning I decide to have breakfast because like come on birthday girl needs to eat ...'not so much in this dress.'

I began making pancakes when I saw a sliver of an eyeball looking at me from a corner and when I turned they , whoever they were, proceeded to run down the hall: 1: as a 4 year old child and 2: as if I couldn't literally hear their shoes across the floor.

And I immediately guessed this was my dad's doing, otherwise why would someone be running down the hall like their pants are on fire at 10am in the morning? Who on earth has this much energy before at least 4pm?

Sam. Thor. Peter maybe Nope it's Thor, definitely.

He was definitely the type to act like a man child.

I turned off the stove and walked round the corner.

Guess who I saw?

Well it turns out that my suspicions were correct and the it was the man child.

"Thor?"

He stopped tiptoeing and turned to face me.

"Hello there Lady Y/N, fine morning isn't it?"

"It's raining."

His eyes widened. " Right well at least the plants are getting hydrated."

"What on earth?"

"Ok I have to go- um- go grab Loki from- his room- and- and talk to him, you look lovely by the way, goodbye." He said, before catastrophically running down the hall and smashing an urn.