Chapter 1

Angelica had, at some point in that night, known that she should be going back home to her boyfriend. But she thought 'No! Let me stay just a little more with my sister.'

A decision she later regretted.

"So you'll come?" Eliza looked at her with imploring eyes.

Angelica swallowed awkwardly. "This Saturday?"

Eliza nodded excitedly.

"I- uh... I think the firm have this company dinner thing on Saturday, so I'm not sure if I can-"

"No, that's next Saturday!" Alexander piped up from his seat next to Eliza.

Angelica took in a deep breath. "Really?" He nodded. "Then I think I can make it."

"Oh, that's great! Be sure to bring Carter with you, it's been so long since we all went out together."

"Sure, I'm just glad that I have Alexander here to remind me." She gestured at Hamilton politely.

"Perks of working for the same firm, huh?" Alex grinned.

Angelica turned to her sister. "Also 'Liza, you've got to stop calling him Carter, use his first name."

"But then I'll confuse him with our John." Eliza turned to her husband and pouted.

"I don't think that's possible." Alexander said, laughing. As Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton shared an inside joke, Angelica, not for the first time that night, felt like she was third-wheeling.

"I am loving this champagne," She started awkwardly. "Alexander, can you get me some more?" She was hoping to get some alone time with her sister.

Hamilton made to get up but his wife pulled him back down. "You stay," she whispered.

Angelica watched her leave, eyes dejected.

Hamilton smiled at her and sipped his wine.

Angelica glared daggers. "Thanks a lot, asshole."

"Oh, you're most welcome." Hamilton grinned. "Thanks for what exactly?"

Angelica huffed angrily, "One day, I will resign from that law firm just so I don't have to see your face anymore."

"I'm married to your sister," He smirked, "I don't think you'll stop seeing me anytime soon."

"You're right, I'll just have to kill you then." He laughed.

"Well, it's only thanks to you we're married,"

"I know." Angelica groaned.

"You're the one who introduced us."

"I know."

"And you were a big part of the wedding too, Maid of Honor!"

"I know, dammit!" Angelica just about forced her voice down to a whisper-shout, lest Eliza hears.

"Why don't you want to go?" Hamilton asked curiously. "It's just a wine tasting thing with some friends and a few rich assholes here and there."

She sighed heavily. "I have to see you at the firm five days a week, can't I catch a break?"

"Well, at least you don't have to pretend to like me at work."

She didn't want to admit it, but he was right.

"C'mon, just this one night," he said. "Eliza will be heartbroken if you cancel."

Angelica breathed deeply to avoid losing her temper.

Hamilton, more than anyone, knew that Angelica would do anything to make her sister happy. Whether it means introducing her to the asshole she declared herself in love with, or pretending to like said asshole.

"Fine." She grumbled. "But you're a bitch for using that."

Hamilton shrugged. His smug face quickly changed to one of innocence and delight when his wife walked back into the room.

Angelica herself put the mask back on and smiled at Eliza when she handed her another glass, only half filled.

"I figured since you need to drive back, it's best not to let you drink so much." Eliza smiled, all purity and love and everything nice in the world.

"Oh, you're completely right!" Angelica piped up, like she didn't want to escape the company of her brother-in-law once spending a minute alone with him. "I really should head back home."

Eliza pouted at her. Angelica frowned, drinking most of the champagne her sister poured her.

"I'm sorry darling, but John will be waiting." Angelica held her sister's hands after putting down her glass. "But I promise to be there on Saturday."

Eliza's face changed to a small grin. "Great! I'll see you then."

Angelica nodded and the sisters shared a quick embrace.

"Goodnight, drive safe." Eliza kissed her cheek.

"I will, Goodnight." She collected her things and prepared to leave before turning around. "'Night, Alexander!" She said, mostly out of obligation.

"Good night, Angel!" He replied.

Angelica paused at the door, her hand on the knob.

She turned around, sprinted across the room and punched his nose in.

She took a deep breath, opened the door and sent Alexander a glare that she hoped seemed playful but also hoped it conveyed the hidden message. 'Eat glass.'

She left, congratulating herself on not slamming the door behind her. 

780 words 

I hope you liked it! 

chapter is a lot smaller than the upcoming ones so dw lol 

Angelica's boyfriend is John Carter, which is her historical husband (John Barker Church) 's fake name. 
(If it later gets confusing about which John is talking, Laurens or Carter, let me know and I'll fix that.) 

Vote if you liked it and comment what you thought :) 

Peace out! 
-consumemysoul