Chapter 18

3rd Person POV

The two families were sitting on the sofas in the living room now.

"We could have never found out what you both did and how you deceived everyone if Mrs Jathurapoom wouldn't found it out." Mrs Baramee said to her son and daughter.

Beam and Dream were sitting in front of all on single sofas next to each other. Forth was only looking at Beam all the time. He had realised that Beam was innocent. Forth couldn't see the tears in Beam's eyes, his face full of remorse.

Mr Jathurapoom had calmed Mr Baramee and sat next to him.

Mrs Baramee looked at Mrs Jathurapoom and the latter started speaking.

"It was not only me but all members of this house who felt the drastic change in Dream's behaviour when she came home after her accident.

Dream or I may now say Beam, agreed to call us Mar and Por but after a month Dream started to call us Mom and Dad! Beam as Dream never liked to be called Khun but after the accident, everyone started addressing her as Khun.

Beam never left the house without asking my permission, Dream on the other hand would always go outside any time she wanted and she would come any time she wanted. Beam brought Lucy home and Dream threw her to outhouse the day she came." Mrs Jathoorapoom completed and Mrs Baramee looked at her daughter with disbelief. Beam was hurt and he looked at Dream when he heard about Lucy.

"When Beam was living here as - Dream, he was always nice to the housekeeping and our helpers. He never called anyone by their first name or looked down at them. He would always ask them to him as Dream.

That day too, when I met Beam at the store he asked Day to address him as Beam and not as Khun Beam.

But the new Dream was different. She ordered Day, the oldest staff of the house, to address her as Khun Dream."

Dream had no regrets on her face at all.

"So, you are complaining about me to my mother and father? And that's just because he let the servants address with his first name. Or take a dog in the house? I don't believe you at all." Dream said with anger as she stood up and pointed her finger at Mrs Jathurapoom.

Beam looked at his sister in disbelief. How could she raise her voice at Mae? "Dream!" He tried to stop her.

"Dream Baramee better shut your mouth or I will forget that we are the guests of this house." Mr Baramee warned his daughter.

Dream sat in her place when her father raised his voice.

Without elaborating on the differences between the siblings Mrs Jathurapoom said, "Por had a doubt that something was not right. He had thought that Beam had come in place of Dream. The doubt seemed so silly to me but I asked Mrs Baramee about Beam's whereabouts and we got to know that he was in Korea. We left the doubt aside after that.

When I and Day went to the grocery store a few days ago, we met Beam. He was so much like the Dream we all loved. I asked him for coffee and talked to him.

Beam was so engrossed in the talking that he asked about Por's health. He also mentioned adding fruits to Por's diet as prescribed by the doctor.

He also asked about Wen and Chai, Lee, Ju, Fay and Byu too. He didn't forget to ask about Lucy.

It was when Day and I thought something was wrong."

Dream stood up from her place and stood in front of Beam and everyone heard...

Thadd!!

Dream had slapped Beam on his face. "You traitor, the betrayer. You did this on purpose to make me look bad in their eyes, didn't you?"