Chapter 47: What gave it away?

(WHEN I TELL YOU THIS MAN IS SO FINE! :') )

Lei sighed tiredly as he walked out of his music class. He played the violin for two hours and if he was being honest, his fingers hurt like hell. All he wanted at the moment was to just hang out with his friends and eat his lunch in peace. Walking around the art building he bumped his shoulder with another person.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Lei's eyes widened when he heard the voice. He turned around to be greeted by no one other than He Cheng. Here went his peace. 

"No worries." Lei mumbled as he was about to walk away but got stopped.

"Wait...I know you from somewhere." Cheng said in a questioning tone and once Lei turned to him again, the He heir's face light up, finally realizing. "I got it. You are the famous Huaze Lei. F4 member, one of Ah Si's best friends, magnificent violinist and pianist, and lastly..." Cheng said as a devilish smirk came upon his face. "Mei's best friend." He finished.

"And you are Mei's arranged fiance. Also, a well-known person in the oil business industry, a good pianist and a student with a lot of teachers that praise him." Lei said in a monotone voice as Cheng chuckled.

"You flatter me, Lei." Cheng said amused as the violinist shrugged.

"I just told you what you wanted to hear." Lei said shortly. Cheng's eyes widened a little in surprise at his response. "In my opinion, you're too arrogant for your own good." He said as he eyed the man in front of him, noticing the bouquet of flowers in his hands. "What are you doing here, anyway?" Lei asked raising an eyebrow.

Cheng's surprised expression quickly faded away as another smirk appeared on his face. "I have some business around, and I decided to come and visit Meiling. Do you know where she is?" Cheng asked keeping a polite fake smile on his face. He wouldn't lie, the burning and judgmental look he was receiving from the younger man was really bothersome.

Lei folded his arms in front of his chest and shrugged. "She's..." He started and thought for a moment. "somewhere..." He finished.

Cheng groaned. "You don't even know where she is." He sccused.

"Actually I do." Lei corrected. "I just want to tell you." Lei shrugged. He wouldn't deny the fact he was acting like a brat, but the fact Cheng and Mei started to get friendly didn't mattered in the violinist's eyes. For Lei, Cheng was still Cheng, the same arrogant and bothersome person Meiling used to whine and get frustrated over. 

"You know what? I start to believe you don't really like me." Cheng said with a fake hurt expression.

Lei chuckled. "What gave it away?" He asked smirking while raising an eyebrow.

Cheng smiled and stayed calm. Lei knew that kind of behavior too well. People might be scared of a person who yells and throws tantrums like Ah Si, for a while...but this kind of calm and collected behavior was what Lei always used when he wanted to intimidate someone. And now, someone was trying to intimidate him.

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway. After all it's not you I'm trying to impress...but Mei and Ah Si." Cheng informed and Lei raised his eyebrows in question.

"You want to impress Ah Si?" He asked in a surprised tone. A smirk appeared on his face. "I thought Mei was going to be your fiance, not her brother."

"That's true. But you know, I will have to ask Ah Si for help when I will propose to Mei, right?" Cheng asked with an amused smirk on his face.

Lei felt his body tense at the hearing of his words. Cheng? Proposing to Meiling? That must be some sick joke. He quickly composed himself and eyed Cheng carefully. He then walked closer to him and looked Cheng right in the eyes.