Chapter 4: Your health comes first

As Shancai was brought in the unfamiliar room waiting for Daoming Si she looked around. She looked at the shelfs full of books and then her eyes landed on a few photos.

There were family photos. There was one with Daoming Si alone. One with him and a girl Shancai recognized to be Meiling. But then a certain photo caught her attention. It was a photo of 5 kids posing for the camera. Four boys and one girl.

"This must be Daoming Si....and this must be Daoming Meiling." She said looking at the girl in the middle and the boy in her left side. Shancai's eyes landed on the boy who was standing by the girl's right side. "This must be Lei." Shancai said smiling. "It seems that Huaze Lei has always been cute." Shancai said smiling to herself while touching the boy's cute face.

She jumped in surprise when she heard someone clearing his throat. Shancai turned around to be met with no one other than Daoming Si. She then walked to him.

"There you are. Now explain why am I here?" Shancai demanded as Daoming Si took a seat in an armchair.

"Do you like Huaze Lei?" The man asked first. He knew his best friend was really picky when it came to his love life since he had a crush on their friend Jing since they were little. So Daoming Si thought it would be easier for the girl to have her heart broken now than have her hopes high later.

"Why do you care?" Shancai asked. Si looked at her and glared.

"Listen here. You can't like Lei." Daoming Si said. Even though Si never admitted it he always shipped his sister and his best friend together. You could only imagine the happiness he felt when he found out that Meiling had a crush on Lei but the boy was so caught up in his crush on Jing that he always refused Meiling as his girlfriend. Since Jing was away and Meiling came back Si hoped that from the way Lei acted when he found out Meiling would stay in New York more than two years he would be more clingy to his sister. His theory was true and he hoped Meiling would use this opportunity to earn more affection in Lei's eyes.

"You can't tell me what to do." Shancai said challenging the man in front of her. "What is this place?" The girl asked looking around.

"My house." Si answered shortly.

"Why did you bring me here? And why did you dress me up like this?" Shancai asked confused and frustrated.

"Well, isn't it nice to be pampered like this? You know what? If you listen to me, I will let you be my girlfriend." Si said proud smirking towards the girl.

"Huh?" Shancai asked confused and shocked of what the man was saying.

"No matter where I go, you can be with me within a one-meter radius. When I eat, you can sit with me. Even better, you can find me any time you want and be with me immediately. I can take you to and from school once a week. I can give you good snacks at school. I can help you with homework if you need it. We can go to the best restaurant in Shanghai on your birthday. When we play games, I will let you beat me. We will take a trip overseas once a year. Of course, I can take you a new phone to replace the broken one." Daoming Si explained with a smirk on his face. "You must feel really happy right now." Daoming Si concluded.

"Happy?" Shancai asked with a smile making Si chuckle. "You must be kidding me!" Shancai yelled and the smile in Si's face instantly disappeared. "Where are my clothes? I want to get chanced." Shancai asked taking her heels off.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Daoming Si asked shocked and angry.

"Daoming Si, I don't know if you are crazy or dumb. I don't know why you said all of that to me. I don't need your charity or any special treatment. I also don't need your money or a new phone. I want to go home!" Shancai said in Daoming Si's face.