Chapter 14: I was protecting you

Meiling walked in the cafeteria for lunch while she made plans with her brother and friends to meet there. When she arrived at their usual table she saw that Shancai was there too.

"Hey guys. What are you up to?" Meiling asked as she sit down.

"Shancai is too skinny. I try to make her fatter." Si informed and that made Meiling look at him like he was crazy. She then turned towards Ximen and Meizuo who were just smiling. Later she turned to Shancai, the younger girl looking at her with pleading eyes. Meiling sighed and looked at her brother.

"Si, I love you, but you should never comment about a girl's body. It's rude." Meiling said as if she was talking to a little kid, which her brother wasn't far from.

"Oh shut up." Si said to his sister but then turned to Shancai and smiled. "Now eat up." Si said smiling as the girl started t eat. But Meiling wasn't done as she started to pull her brother by his ear. "Ow Ow ow." Si whinned.

"Ah Si, you never ever tell me or Zhuang to shut up. Got it?" Meiling said sternly with a smirk.

"Yes yes. Now let go." Si said and the girl scoffed and let him go.

"Meiling..." Shancai said and the girl looked at her. "Can I talk something with you? In private?" Shancai said and Meiling nodded. 

"What? Why can't you say it with me here?" Si asked curious.

"Meybe because it's a girls problem." Meiling said and grabbed Shancai and walked out of the cafeteria. "Alright, what is it?" Meiling asked curious and Shancai handed her the phone. Meiling looked on it and saw the picture Shancai received last night. "Shancai what is this?" Meiling asked shocked and confused. If her brother was going to see this it won't end well.

"I don't know. I went to a party last night with my friend Li Zhen and we went with Xinhui and Baihe. I met a guy and I got drunk and then I don't remember anything. When I woke up I was only in a bath robe in a hotel room." Shancai said as tears started to gather in her eyes. "Meiling...I'm scared." Shancai said as she started to sob and Meiling pulled the younger girl in an embrace.

"Shh...everything will be fine Shancai. I'm here." Meiling said as she was caressing her hair. "We will solve this, alright?" Meiling said looking at her and Shancai nodded, he head still buried in Meiling's neck as the older girl was a little taller than her. Suddenly the phone buzzed giving the sign Shancai received a message.

When Shancai looked at it she received a message from Thomas, the mysterious guy, that he was near the cafeteria. Shancai informed Meiling and she turned to look around for him. When she spotted him she walked towards him and Shancai followed.

"Shancai! It's so good to see you." Thomas said as he wanted to hug the girl but got stopped by Meiling's arm that looked at him with a serious expression. 

"Come with us." Meiling said sternly.

"Where to?" Thomas asked smiling as he looked at the girl in front of him. Meiling said nothing just grabbed his wrist and pulled him after her as Shancai followed them. What they didn't knew was that Xinhui and Baihe saw them.

When they got somewhere more private Meiling turned to him. "What are you doing at our school?" Meiling asked as she folded her arms.

"I came to see Shancai." Thomas said smiling.

"Me?" Shancai asked surprised.

"You called me, and didn't finish what were you saying. I was worried something happened." Thomas said smiling and then Shancai put her arms up in front of her chest.

"Did you do something bad to me last night?" Shancai asked afraid of his answer.

"Of course I did." Thomas said smiling as he got closer to her.