Chapter 37: Hello Juliet

"My heart is not at ease." Ximen said in a sad tone as he, Meizou, Xiuying and Lei were seated at a cafe. The birthday party ended as fast as Ah Si and Shancai run away because Feng expressed her disapproval about their relationship. After the incident, all the guests left the mansion. The group didn't want to leave Meiling to face the wrath of her mother on her own, but the ballerina just told them to go and they will meet later.

"I will probably have nightmares from what happened tonight." Meizou expressed.

"Can you even fall asleep? I don't think I will be able to close an eye without seeing Mrs. Daoming icy glare." Xiuying said as she rubbed her arms as a shiver run down her spine.

"I agree with Xiuying. I wouldn't even dare to turn the lights off. I'm afraid I will hear a gunshot outside the window to punish me for helping Ah Si and Shancai." Ximen said as he trembled.

"Do you think Meiling's mother would actually do that?" Xiuying asked as she looked scared at the boys.

"We are talking about Daoming Feng. That woman let people without jobs without caring about their families, used her money and power to destroy others companies, and controlled her kids since they were born. A gunshot would be the easiest punsihment." Ximen said as he shook his head. "Maybe Meiling's idea to go to Uranus wasn't that bad after all." He sighed as he looked outside through the window.

"Talking about Meiling..." Meizou said as he turned to Lei. "Any news from her?" He asked. The violinist shook his head as he got out his phone.

"I will text her one more time." He said and started to tap a message.

"Do you all remember the first time we met Ah Si's mother?" Meizou asked and the boys' expressions hardened.

"What happened then?" Xiuying asked curious.

"That time we only cut classes and went skating and were scolded badly. I don't want to imagine what will happen now." Ximen said as he drunk from his glass.

"Shancai even dared to have a direct confrontation with her." Meizou noticed and the boys sighed.

"I hope she can take it. Dealing with Daoming Feng it's not an easy task." Lei said and the boys nodded.

"I just hope Meiling will be alright." Xiuying said as she leaned in her hand. Right on time, Lei's phone dinged signaling he received a message. He looked on his phone and then instantly frowned.

"What is it?" Meizou asked but after not receiving an answer he just took Lei's phone and looked at it. "Meili send a message." He announced. Ximen and Xiuying looked at him curious. "Sorry, but I can't come. I am tired after what happened today. Talk to you later." Meizou read as he sighed.

"I kind of understand her. After all the things happened and how nervous she was, she must be exhausted." Xiuying sighed as she rubbed her head.

"She must have gotten one hell of a scolding from her mother." Ximen said as Meizou gave Lei his phone back. 

"Well, we will talk to her tomorrow. Until then let's get you back home. Ximen you gave your keys to Ah Si, and Xiuying I already promised I will give you a ride home." Meizou said as he stood up.

"You three go home. I have to check something." Lei said as he stood up and before anyone can say anything else he was out of the cafe.

~~~

Meiling was seated at her beauty table looking in the mirror while she was taking her make up off. She was wearing a baby blue silk night dress and her hair was untied, falling down along her back. She rubbed her face, cleaning it of the remaining makeup that was still present in it. She then threw the tissues in the trash bin and sighed.