2 • 117 • 129

Start from the beginning

And in this battle, it would be stupid to give his everything for a clear defeat.

'... I can feel it,' Bam thought with his eyes closed. 'My power keeps growing... with this power... could I defeat Zahard's data?'

Noah put Charlotte down on the floor and allowed her to stand. She was still dazed from his actions before, but she still knew how to thank him for saving her.

"Thank you," she said.

Noah maintained his calm expression and nodded his head. He didn't say anything else.

The two of them turned their heads around and looked at the brown- haired youngster with his red orb. He was still concentrating on his power that kept increasing steadily.

Charlotte saw her brother from distance before she ran towards him suddenly with a solemn expression.

"Charlotte--!"

Noah was aware that Charlotte knew that Bam was concentrating right now. And it would have been the best for them not to disturb him. So, he was surprised to see Charlotte running towards Bam's direction. Was she trying to disturb his training?

No.

There was no way in hell she would do that. She was so happy to see her brother improving himself each day for the sake of his own safety and protection. She wouldn't disturb her brother's training and won't allow anyone to disturb or harm him.

She had expected a data to launch an attack. Therefore, she ran as fast as she could. And while running, she extended her right hand and opened her right palm.

"Return!"

Her white fan that was lying on the ground waiting to be summoned heed her command and flew towards her direction. She caught the fan and jumped high on the air. Right when she was on the air, she opened her fan and swung it.

"Destroy!"

She swung her fan and created powerful shinsu slash that cut through the shinsu attack and destroyed the attack. She purposely jumped high on the air to determine her angle better. She didn't want to injure her brother even a strand of his hair.

She landed in front of him, ready to fight. 

Bam was surprised to see Charlotte suddenly launching an attack. When his golden eyes noticed someone's presence from distance, he understood immediately that his sister was protecting him.

"[Orb]!"

Before his sworn enemy could get any closer, he immediately launched an attack to stop him.

[Endless Sky]

The attack cut through the ground in front of Jue Viole Grace, preventing him from flying closer with his [Blue Oar] if he still wanted to stay alive.

"Go back now," he spoke towards Jue Viole Grace. "Any more fighting would be pointless. You will never be able to beat me."

Jue Viole Grace remained silent after hearing his words.

From the moment he had been generated by the Hidden Floor to be his sworn enemy, he had been chasing him and attacking him. His main purpose was to fight him as that was how a sworn enemy should behave. But Bam was different. Perhaps because Jue Viole Grace was him, was his past, he was unwilling to fight him.

He only defended himself against him and even saved him several times. The unwillingness to fight him was clear.

Jue Viole Grace only wanted to fight against Bam like how a sworn enemy should be. But never once he intended to harm the girl next to him. She was not his target, and won't be his target. But he only looked at her without saying any other word, because he knew that if he keeps thinking about her, then he may be losing the will to fight against them. They were enemies right now, not siblings. And she was not Nox.