Chapter 39: Blown.

Start from the beginning

"I live in Los Angeles. I'm just here for this weekend." I tell him.

"I'll fly you out if I have to." He tells me and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You'd really do that for someone you just met?" I ask him, amused.

"Absolutely. I like you already." He says and I smile at him.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He adds and I nod.

"Which movie do you have in mind?" I ask him and he smiles at me.

We end the night snuggling into each other watching "The Princess and The Frog". In the morning, Laverne makes me pancakes and waffles.

"You really didn't have to do all this." I tell him.

"I know, I just wanted to." He tells me, his hands grabbing the steering wheel.

"I'll call you." I tell him before I kiss his cheek.

"Be safe." He says and I exit his car.

I walk into the four seasons and head for the elevator. Pressing the button to call for the moving box, the doors open and I see Christopher.

I get in and none of us say a word to each other. Leaning against the velvet fabric on the elevator walls, I stare at the ceiling.

"For the love of God, Jasmine can you stop this?" Christopher says and I stare at him confused.

"Stop what?" I ask him, dumbfounded.

"You've been ignoring me for a while now." He says and I can feel his intense stare on my left cheek.

"Please, Chris. Just behave yourself." I tell him.

"Behave myself? How can I supposed to do that when I'm losing sleep thinking about you?" He asks me and I stare at him.

"I think we should just give this entire thing a rest. I'm leaving the club. In fact, I'm already gone. I only came here this weekend because of Barbie." I reveal.

"I love you, Jaz. I have for a while now." He tells me and I stare at him speechless.

The elevator doors spread open and I walk out. Christopher trails behind me as I walk to my room.

"Talk to me, Jasmine." He beckons.

"Chris, please." I say, walking faster. He catches up to me and spins me around. My breath catches in my throat as I stare at him.

"Look me in my eyes and tell me that you feel nothing for me." He demands.

I gulp as I stare at him and my mouth feels dry.

"It's complicated and you know it." I tell him, trying my best not to give him an actual answer.

"How? You either feel the same way or you don't?" He tells me.

"Can we talk about this when we get back?" I ask him.

"Can we talk about it over dinner?" He offers and I smile at him.

"Sure." I say, flashing him a smile before I turn around and walk into my room.

***

"How was last night?" Barbie asks me, anxious for the details.

"It was nice." I say, shrugging.

"Nice? Getting your back blown out isn't supposed to be nice." She says and I roll my eyes at her.

"Who said I got my back blow out?" I ask her, amused.

"You left the club with Laverne Booker. NBA's finest. Bitch, that man rocked your world." She says, convinced.

"For your information, Barbie, I didn't get my back blown out. We watched a Disney movie and fell asleep in each other's arms." I recount.

"Bitch, be fucking for real." She deadpans.

"What?! It's the truth." I tell her.

"So, you're telling me that shaka Zulu warrior of a man didn't try to do anything with you?" She asks and I nod.

"Yup. Not every guy is like that, Barbs." I point out, zipping my suitcase.

"I need to find me a man like that because these days all guy want is sex, sex, and more sex." She says, laughing.

"Tell me about it." I concur, rolling my eyes.

"What are you gonna do when we get back?" Barbie asks me as I place my suitcase on the floor.

"I applied to an art school in Italy, but I haven't heard back from them. If that plan doesn't fall through, I'll still leave L.A, probably take a gap year." I tell her.

"That's good. Your young, so you should enjoy your youth." She says, squeezing my cheeks.

"You too." I say, swatting her hands away.

"Girl, I am literally thirty years old." She says, rolling her eyes at me.

"And? You're young too and you should quit and come with me." I tell her.

"And who's gonna watch my daughter while we're gone?" She asks.

"She can come with." I suggest.

"Yeah no. Los Angeles is home to us." She tells me and I nod.

"If you change your mind, you'll know where I'll be." I tell her.

"Come on, we have a flight to catch." She says, grabbing her carry-on bag from the table. Walking to the door of the room, she places it on her suitcase.

My eyes scan the room making sure that I packed everything I came to New Jersey with before I join Barbie at the door.

We meet the other girls in the hotel lobby and we take a party bus, yes a party bus, to the airport.

Leaning back in my seat, I send Laverne a cute text and play some music. As the sound fills my Airpods, I close my eyes and relax

So What?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara