The Lovely Princess and You.

CW/TW: execution, nongraphic blood, depressing themes, fourth wall break. 

GN! Reader insert(when I say insert I don't mean in a shipping way, it's just like a spectator thing!)

.

.

.

.

.

Athanasia finds herself alone in the ballroom, no one found her interesting after Jennette came into the picture. Not that they ever found her interesting in the first place.

She was just a fun joke for them, a laughingstock that they could point their fingers at and peer over their glasses for. 

"Princess Athanasia!" they jeered.

She wanted to crumple into herself but she still held her dignity as a member of the Imperial family. 

No matter what anyone else said, as long as she had her blonde hair and blue gem eyes- she was an Obelia.

She braces herself against a pillar and nurses a single glass of champagne and then, she looks up at you with deadened eyes of Imperial blue.

"Why do you just sit there, watching me in my loneliness and despair? Have you nothing better to do?"

She turns her head away and it's as if she hadn't spoken to you at all, the only indication of her speaking to you was the subtle shaking of her hand on the stem of her glass, the bite of her lip.

She glares at you.

"Stop looking at me already!"

The scene changes abruptly and you're looking down at a tea party that had clearly gone sideways. 

There's broken cups everywhere, desserts crumbled into smithereens on the grass, guards trooping in from all sides and Athanasia kneeling beside Jennette's unconscious form.

"Jennette? Jennette!" 

She's still calling her name when she's dragged away from the other princess, the emperor looking enraged for once and Athanasia is looking around- why wouldn't anyone-?!

She spots you up in the sky, and her eyes are wide, desperate.

"Help me!"

The guards look confused at why she was shouting at the sky but continue to pull her away, the emperor looking annoyed at her 'obvious' plan to pretend to be crazy.

Athanasia struggles in the guards' arms, reaching toward you as you slowly start to disappear from her vision.

"Stop! Come back!" She's gritting her teeth, looking just as furious as she was despondent.

"Why do you always appear in front of me in my darkest moments and never deign to help me?! What is the point of being able to see you when you do nothing!? Is it that you enjoy my downfall!? Is that why you always come to watch and leave when you're satisfied?!"